Bush League or NOt

Arod play Bush league or not

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
Hill or Lind or Glaus or Clayton or whoever was involved for Toronto should've had more awareness to catch the ball. They should know the voices of the guys they play next to. It's been 3 and a 1/2 months already together. Their own effing fault.

Good job by Rodriguez. Win by any means necessary (w/in the rules).

Disclaimer: I hate NY. In everything, except the homeless :salut:

Hill or Lind or Glaus or Clayton or whoever was involved for Toronto should've had more awareness to catch the ball. They should know the voices of the guys they play next to. It's been 3 and a 1/2 months already together. Their own effing fault.

The homeless in New York are only homless because they only make $1800/month. If they moved to a different location (like....Ely, Minnesota) they would probably run the town.:D:p

Last time I ever saw someone do that was back in Little League, if someone would have thought about doing that in high school ball they would have got nailed the next time they would have got up to bat.

Technically what A-Rod did was against the rules. I will try and find the exact rule.

gotta say that it was a "cheap trick" but at the same time the 3rd baseman is supposed to be a pro. Pro's catch the ball no matter what is yelled at them. I think this was blown way outta proportion because AROD did it.

I love baseball, but this got me thinking why it has some stupid rules. In football, there is no rule against yelling at the other team (other than faking the snap count as the defense). Basketball you can yell at a guy from right in front of him, and I don't know anything about hockey. Why should baseball be different?

I love baseball, but this got me thinking why it has some stupid rules. In football, there is no rule against yelling at the other team (other than faking the snap count as the defense). Basketball you can yell at a guy from right in front of him, and I don't know anything about hockey. Why should baseball be different?
Well, in a way each league has rules in place about yelling at the opponent. In baseketball, you will get a T If you yell at someone too much. And you can't yell at him when shooting a free throw. Baseball has a rule, but it doesn't specifically mention anything vocal, but I am sure it can be interpreted in this rule:

Any runner is out when --

(b) He intentionally interferes with a thrown ball; or hinders a fielder attempting to make a play on a batted ball;

Something like that happens on every single play in hockey and I'm sure in basketball as well. Trying to goad your opponent into coughing up the ball on an errant pass is a every play gimmick. I cannot believe this is not an everyday occurance in baseball as well. I assumed it was I just didn't think too many players were dumb enough to fall for it.

I don't follow baseball as much as I used to, but at first it didn't seem to be a "bush league" play. Heck, if I had a nickel for every time I've seen a cornerback wave his arms pretending to be an open receiver, or other similar trickery in the NFL, I'd be a rich woman by now :D. But, listening to Romey that day, he had a 18-year baseball vet on there (forgot his name, Gonzales, I think), and he pretty much explained that stuff like that does NOT go on, and that it was indeed a cheap shot.

I'll take the word of someone who's played the game for 18 years at the pro level over what my non-experienced opinion might be.

Oh man, I wonder what Tommy Lasorda's opinion would be (a'la his going off on golfers for getting upset if someone makes a slight noise before hitting a ball that is sitting still right in front of them, as opposed to major leaguers that have to hit a baseball coming at them at 90+ MPH, moving all over the place :D:D:D:D:D )

Kevin - If baseball interpreted it that way, then the baseball games would be similar to Japanesse wrestling events, where everyone sat silently. Again, if your in the majors, you should make a catch like that under any circumstances, vocal involvement or not.

Kevin - If baseball interpreted it that way, then the baseball games would be similar to Japanesse wrestling events, where everyone sat silently. Again, if your in the majors, you should make a catch like that under any circumstances, vocal involvement or not.

I am not saying everyone has to zip it during a baseball game...I was just stating what the rules say.

But if someone running the bases says something used by the defense to communicate to each other...i.e. "I got it", then that is unacceptable and should be an automatic out.

If he'd have caught the ball we and no one else would be discussing this. I guess it's only a problem when someone gets stung by it.

I've been to Triple A games and various other sports where this sort of thing happens every game, and it's never been discussed as a detriment to the game.

This is a case of who did it and the result only. Take away who did it, take away the missed ball and it disappears.

Kevin - Sometime, we'll have to discuss sports. To boot, your a Wisconsin fan. We'd have good conversation, because I won't bend and neither will you :eek:. I just see it as you should have extreme focus on what you're doing and Hill / McDonald / Glaus / whoever it was, didn't.

End of jive :salut:

Back