Brand spankin' new two-rounder 4/2

DNoz29

Bench Warmer
Have fun!

Round 1

1. Detroit - QB Matthew Stafford*, Georgia
- With the possibility of Cutler gone, the Lions cannot afford to pass on a potential franchise QB.
2. St. Louis - MLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
- You know my thoughts on this pick.
3. Kansas City - DE/OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas
- Raji failing a drug test at the Combine all but kills his chances of going in the top 5. Orakpo is the best pass-rusher in the draft, and the Chiefs had 10 sacks as a team last year.
4. Seattle - QB Mark Sanchez*, USC
- The Hawks are reportedly in love with Sanchez. They can take him and afford to sit him for a year or two as he learns the system behind Hasselbeck and Wallace.
5. Cleveland - WR Michael Crabtree*, Texas Tech
- No matter who plays QB in Cleveland, he should be thrilled to have this guy lining up opposite of Braylon Edwards.
6. Cincinnati - OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia
- The most NFL-ready tackle in the draft, Monroe will help solidify a poor Cincinnati O-Line.
7. Oakland - DT B.J. Raji, Boston College
- Despite the failed drug test, the Raiders can't afford to pass on this massive nose tackle. He will help improve the Raider run defense, which will in turn help the pass defense, which is already one of the best in the league.
8. Jacksonville - OT Jason Smith, Baylor
- A former No. 1 overall guy in my mocks, Smith falls to Jacksonville and David Garrard and MJD rejoice.
9. Green Bay - DE/OLB Everette Brown*, Florida St.
- Brown helps the Pack's move to a 3-4 with his outstanding ability to get after the QB.
10. San Francisco - OT Andre Smith*, Alabama
- Smith is a top-10 talent, but he has had a bad off-season. Nevertheless, the Niners grab him to help solidify the line. Frank Gore = happy. Mike = ?
11. Buffalo - OT Michael Oher, Ole Miss
- If the Bills end up moving Jason Peters, Oher could start at LT from day one. If not, he'll start at RT on day one and help the offense.
12. Denver - DE/OLB Aaron Maybin*, Penn St.
- Freeman is tempting here, but the Broncos need to help that horrible defense. Maybin is a talented pass-rusher who should thrive in the newly installed 3-4 defense.
13. Washington - OLB Brian Cushing, USC
- If a Redskin fan wants to help me with this pick, please do. This is the toughest pick I had, and I'm still not sure if I got it right. However, Cushing is just a good football player, which is something that could be used in DC.
14. New Orleans - S/CB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio St.
- The Saints probably view Jenkins as their FS of the future. He could be a pro bowler at FS in his first year.
15. Houston - OLB Clay Matthews, USC
- Matthews is one of the biggest risers of the off-season. No one was really saying much about Matthews, but he showed he belongs in the first round -- especially after a terrific pro day.
16. San Diego - OT Eben Britton*, Arizona
- Five OTs in the first 16 picks -- that's impressive. Britton would start at RT for the Chargers.
17. N.Y. Jets - QB Josh Freeman*, Kansas St.
- Another team which missed out on Cutler, the Jets draft the strong-armed Freeman in hopes that he can be "the" guy.
18. Denver (from CHI) - DT/DE Jarron Gilbert, San Jose St.
- Another 3-4 defense pick here. Gilbert, like Matthews, is one of the fastest risers of the off-season. He has ideal size to play 3-4 DE, which is something the Broncos need.
19. Tampa Bay - WR Jeremy Maclin*, Missouri
- Maclin has top-10 talent, but he's a victim of circumstance. However, the Bucs would be awfully happy to have this playmaker in the fold.
20. Detroit (from DAL) - DT Peria Jerry, Ole Miss
- With all the OTs worthy of this pick gone, the Lions address the other line with the gap-busting Jerry.
21. Philadelphia - RB Knowshon Moreno*, Georgia
- The loss of Correll Buckhalter is underrated by many. So the Eagles grab the best RB in the draft in Moreno to help keep Brian Westbrook fresh.
22. Minnesota - CB Vonte Davis, Illinois
- The top CB in the draft, Davis falls all the way to the Vikings, where they won't hesitate to snatch him up.
23. New England - ILB Rey Maualuga, USC
- He is the ideal 3-4 ILB, which is an area of need for the Pats. He should thrive under the cheater (Belichick).
24. Atlanta - DE Michael Johnson*, Georgia Tech
- After swinging-and-missing on Jamaal Anderson in 2007, the Falcons try their hand again at a talented DE.
25. Miami - WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland
- Heyward-Bey is the perfect guy the Dolphins need to pair with Ted Ginn, Jr. He had a great off-season and should help the Fins' passing offense.
26. Baltimore - WR Kenny Britt*, Rutgers
- The Ravens need a big WR and they probably would have wanted Heyward-Bey, but they will gladly take Britt as a consolation prize.
27. Indianapolis - DT Evander Hood, Missouri
- "Ziggy" provides the Colts with some beef in the trenches, which is something the Colts have lacked for a while.
28. Philadelphia (from CAR) - WR Hakeem Nicks*, North Carolina
- Nicks is a physical receiver with great hands, which is exactly the type of guy the Eagles need to group with Kevin Curtis and DeSean Jackson.
29. N.Y. Giants - WR Percy Harvin*, Florida
- While Harvin isn't the type of receiver the Giants need to replace Plaxico Burress, he is a dynamic playmaker who is too good to pass up here.
30. Tennessee - CB Darius Butler, Connecticut
- Butler is a physical CB who fits the Titans' scheme perfectly.
31. Arizona - C Alex Mack, California
- Mack is a great center prospect and center is an area of concern for the Cardinals.
32. Pittsburgh - DE Tyson Jackson, LSU
- Jackson is an all-around good player and should fit in nicely with the Pittsburgh defense.

Round 2

33. Detroit - MLB James Laurinaitis, Ohio St.
- The Lions continue to address defensive needs, adding the 2007 Butkus award winner
34. New England (from KC) - DE/OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
- He is Mike Vrabel, part two. He is versatile and fits exactly what the Pats look for in a football player.
35. St. Louis - OT Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma
- With all the quality WRs gone, Loadholt becomes a no-brainer for the Rams. He can start at RT and help improve the Rams' run offense.
36. Cleveland - DE/OLB Larry English, Northern Illinois
- English will fill one of the Browns' biggest needs as a pass-rushing OLB. He is a prototypical 3-4 OLB.
37. Seattle - OT William Beatty, Connecticut
- The Hawks need to protect their investment, as well as finding a replacement for Walter Jones. Beatty is a nice LT prospect who should fit in with Seattle nicely.
38. Cincinnati - RB Chris Wells*, Ohio St.
- The Bengals need a RB and Wells falling this far is a shock. They cannot afford to pass on the talented runner.
39. Jacksonville - CB Alphonso Smith, Wake Forest
- Losing Drayton Florence is addition by subtraction. Adding Smith here only bolsters the rest of the secondary.
40. Oakland - OL Max Unger, Oregon
- Unger is a versatile offensive lineman. He has the ability to play four positions. This should help the Raiders, as they have a couple of holes on the OL that can be filled.
41. Green Bay - OT Jamon Meredith, South Carolina
- Meredith fits the zone-blocking scheme and could start at RT on opening day.
42. Buffalo - TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma St.
- It's likely he'll go higher than this... I just have a tough time finding the right spot for him. Pettigrew is the best TE in the draft and Buffalo is definitely in need of a TE.
43. San Francisco - DE/OLB Lawrence Sidbury, Jr., Richmond
- Sidbury is a small-school prospect with big upside. He can play either 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB, which is what he would play in SF.
44. Miami (from WAS) - CB/S Sean Smith, Utah
- If Smith can stick at CB, he could become one of the best CBs in the game. His size/speed combination is unmatched. However, he would do well at FS, too.
45. N.Y. Giants (from NO) - S Patrick Chung, Oregon
- Chung is the best pure safety in the draft. He is a strong safety that can be paired with last year's first-round pick, Kenny Phillips.
46. Houston - CB D.J. Moore*, Vanderbilt
- Moore, like other CBs, fall because of poor 40 times at the combine. Houston continues the defensive trend by adding to the defensive backfield.
47. New England (from SD) - S William Moore, Missouri
- If Moore had come out of school last year, he would have been a top 15 pick. His poor senior season casts doubt on his long-term impact. If any team can get him to get back to that 2007 level, it's the Pats.
48. Denver - DT Ron Brace, Boston College
- Even after trading Cutler, the Broncos continue to address defense. Brace is a pure NT prospect, which is something Denver desperately needs.
49. Chicago - WR Brian Robiskie, Ohio St.
- Robiskie is a solid WR prospect and should give newly-acquired Jay Cutler another target.
50. Cleveland (from TB) - RB Donald Brown*, Connecticut
- Jamal Lewis is on the decline and the Browns could use an infusion of youth at running back. Brown had a solid off-season and could very well go higher than No. 50.
51. Dallas - S Louis Delmas, Western Michigan
- Delmas is the ballhawking safety the Cowboys need. He will help improve the secondary.
52. N.Y. Jets - CB Coye Francies, San Jose St.
- Francies is the second SJSU player to be taken so far, and the Jets won't regret it. He will solidify the Jet secondary.
53. Philadelphia - TE Jared Cook, South Carolina
- Cook had a great off-season and should give Donovan McNabb another target, as L.J. Smith is gone.
54. Minnesota - WR Derrick Williams, Penn St.
- The Vikings need another receiving threat to pair with Bernard Berrian. Williams has first-round ability and could be a steal here.
55. Atlanta - TE Shawn Nelson, Southern Miss
- Matt Ryan needs a guy who can stretch the middle of the field. Nelson, after a good off-season, is that guy.
56. Miami - OLB Clint Sintim, Virginia
- Sintim is exclusively a 3-4 OLB guy, which just happens to be a need for Miami.
57. Baltimore - DT/DE Fili Moala, USC
- Moala can play in either scheme, so Baltimore grabs him to beef up their defensive line.
58. New England - WR/QB Pat White, West Virginia
- If there's a team that loves versatility, it's the Patriots. White could help as a WR and in the Wildcat formations.
59. Carolina - DE Robert Ayers, Tennessee
- Off-the-field issues hurt Ayers' stock. He could be a top 15 pick, but he falls all the way to the end of the second. Even if the Panthers don't manage to trade Julius Peppers, DE is a need.
60. N.Y. Giants - OLB Gerald McRath, Southern Miss
- McRath was a playmaker at Southern Miss as a MLB. He is a tad undersized for that position in the pros. The Giants will utilize him outside and only play him inside if necessary.
61. Indianapolis - WR Juaquin Iglesias, Oklahoma
- Iglesias reminds me of slower, less-talented Anthony Gonzalez, whom the Colts took in the first round a couple years ago. After letting Marvin Harrison go, Iglesias might be able to step in and ease the pain of losing him.
62. Tennessee - OG Andy Levitre, Oregon St.
- Right guard is a huge need for the Titans. Levitre will help solidify one of the NFL's best offensive lines.
63. Arizona - RB LeSean McCoy*, Pittsburgh
- McCoy has the talent to be a first-rounder, but the off-season numbers say he's a second-round talent. The Cardinals would be awfully happy to get him here.
64. Pittsburgh - OG Duke Robinson, Oklahoma
- He fits the Steeler philosophy as a mauling guard. He's a steal at the end of the second round.

I can see Washington trading down. If Oher is on the board, I could definitley see Detroit trade up to get him or if the Jets get paranoid about Freeman falling to them.

First off, same posts as before:
T. Jackson > M. Johnson: You'll appreciate this later on. Right or wrong.

LeSean McCoy: *enter typical post hyping him to produce better than any other in rookie season* This guy is real good.

Beyond my typical stuff:

-49ers taking Andre Smith: I'm good with it, as long as Singletary can scare him into positive play like Saban did at Bama. If it's good for Frank Gore, I'm good with it. Round 2, probably would try another off-field fun player in Ayers.

-I love how Matthews has gone from underrated to borderline overvalued, lol. It's been an interesting thing to watch. And don't get suckered into putting Maivia in the top 2 rounds by Micah. He's not there talent-wise. ;)

-The Skins' pick is puzzling if you move a lot of tackles early. If it were my mock, I'm giving Eben that spot. For no particular reason.

-Nicks to Philly could really be huge. His YAC yards in that offense would be sick if he puts it together.

-Cincy would love to see Wells fall that far. I think Arizona takes him and tries the o-line in the 2nd. But if they went with Mack, that's probably how far he'd slide. Unless Detroit feels compelled to get a 2nd workhorse at RB (filling out their depth chart with Morris/Smith)

-Miami looks like a big winner in general in this scenario.

I'll have to put together some position top 5's, so I can laugh at them next year. :LOL:

Nice work once again. :salut: :salut:

Last edited by a moderator:
No Rashad Johnson in the first couple of rounds :scratch: Really, really, really smart football player, hard worker (was a former walk on), and plays well on the field. I bet he gets taken by someone in the 2nd, but if not he will go very early in the 3rd. JMO.

No Rashad Johnson in the first couple of rounds :scratch: Really, really, really smart football player, hard worker (was a former walk on), and plays well on the field. I bet he gets taken by someone in the 2nd, but if not he will go very early in the 3rd. JMO.

Good point there. Usually see him going around picks 40-50.

You know my thoughts on a QB but with the clown Seattle has at GM im sure he will take one.

Hawks need interior OL help badly id love Canfield out of Cincy in round 3.

With who is available in your mock id root for J. Smith OT/Baylor and C. Wells RB/Ohio St.

And don't get suckered into putting Maivia in the top 2 rounds by Micah. He's not there talent-wise. ;)

:lollol:

but I have to say that Maiava is just as talented if not more talented then any of the other OLB shown in the 2nd Round of this mock.....he's been over shadowed by the other 3 LB's from USC and he showed how good he is with his Senior Bowl performance.....he may not go in the 2nd....but he is going to be a steal if someone is able to grab him in the 3rd Round or later.

:lollol:

but I have to say that Maiava is just as talented if not more talented then any of the other OLB shown in the 2nd Round of this mock.....he's been over shadowed by the other 3 LB's from USC and he showed how good he is with his Senior Bowl performance.....he may not go in the 2nd....but he is going to be a steal if someone is able to grab him in the 3rd Round or later.

3rd to 4th round to Oakland is what I'd predict. Yes, to strictly break your bank account. :)

Not as talented was a badly worded comment there. He's clearly overshadowed, but it wouldn't be the first time an overshadowed SC player outperformed his "flashier" counterparts at the pro level. He had some legitimately strong performances while we listened to announcers sing the praises of Rey Maualuga, etc. Trying to remember which one of those guys was stuck behind Rivers...

3rd to 4th round to Oakland is what I'd predict. Yes, to strictly break your bank account. :)

Not as talented was a badly worded comment there. He's clearly overshadowed, but it wouldn't be the first time an overshadowed SC player outperformed his "flashier" counterparts at the pro level. He had some legitimately strong performances while we listened to announcers sing the praises of Rey Maualuga, etc. Trying to remember which one of those guys was stuck behind Rivers...

I would love to have him in Oakland.....and don't think it would hurt the bank too much being drafted that deep.....we'll see....now you got me hoping:lollol::doh:

I would love to have him in Oakland.....and don't think it would hurt the bank too much being drafted that deep.....we'll see....now you got me hoping:lollol::doh:

The mid-round LB cards cost the most nowadays. Right after late round CB cards. :) While I didn't see the weigh-in results, but always heard the knock on him for the pro-level was his lack of ideal size. While it is balanced out a bit by his speed and athleticism, some teams love the big numbers and won't let go of that.

First off, same posts as before:
T. Jackson > M. Johnson: You'll appreciate this later on. Right or wrong.
Blah blah, heard it all before. :p

LeSean McCoy: *enter typical post hyping him to produce better than any other in rookie season* This guy is real good.
He'll probably go higher than I have him slotted.

Round 2, probably would try another off-field fun player in Ayers.
OLB or DE? I think he's strictly a 4-3 DE.

I love how Matthews has gone from underrated to borderline overvalued, lol. It's been an interesting thing to watch. And don't get suckered into putting Maivia in the top 2 rounds by Micah. He's not there talent-wise. ;)
True. If the steroid allegation is true, it could adversely effect his (and Cushing's) draft stock. And Maivia is definitely not a second-round guy.

The Skins' pick is puzzling if you move a lot of tackles early. If it were my mock, I'm giving Eben that spot. For no particular reason.
Didn't see that one coming. ;)

I had him in the second, but a few guys fell and bumped him to the third. With that being said, he'll probably get drafted in the second.

Back