Basketball All hail the Warriors

keithmcm

Bench Warmer
There is a poll in this section of the forum, Can the Warriors......
Well I guess that's been answered, by over 20 points
A few observations .
1) Don't blame Dallas. It wasn't so much that Dallas played badly. Golden State just played better
2) This reaffirms why Don Nelson has long been one of my favorite coaches. I just love run and gun and have some fun basketball.
3) The NBA is all about matchups, and Dallas just doesn't match up very well with GS. The Warriors have too many shooters and were just too quick for Dallas.
4) Baron Davis was fantastic. He was clearly hindered by his leg in game 7, yet had a great game. Very smart player,
5) Steven Jackson was red hot. Emotion can carry a player in a game. The only game GS lost Jackson got tossed out.
6) I was happy to see my Maryland guy, Sarunas Jasikivicius, make an appearance in the last minute. He had done a heck of a job cheerleading up to then.
Look out NBA, Golden State is on the road to the title (Why the heck not?)

The additions of Harrington and Jackson in the middle of the season has helped this team greatly. Just hope that Jackson's off-the-court actions don't hurt the team :)

Admin said:
The additions of Harrington and Jackson in the middle of the season has helped this team greatly. Just hope that Jackson's off-the-court actions don't hurt the team :)

The words of a true pacers fan..... I bet you miss those guys huh Joe :)

NO. I wish they were never on our team. Harrington was a pretty good guy. But jackson, well I am happy he left. Same with Artest. I wish we would get ird of O'neal sometimes and most likely he will be gone this summer. I wish they would have thrown the season and got oden

buitien said:
They will win the title.

Quoted to make sure everyone sees your bold statement when they lose to the next team they play... or the Suns.

I don't see them winning it all.. but they could get far. I just don't think that they can outplay the Suns. It will be a good matchup between Shawn Marion, Barbosa, and all the fast gunners on that team. Plus, Amare in the middle.

Yeah, the Mavs were awful. But can't expect to win when GS makes every single 3 it seemed like.

Even Monta Ellis hit a halfcourt after time expired in the first half by just throwing it up there...

the dallas mavericks might of been this season the biggest dissapointment in the NBA..of all time. they had the best record in the league and at one point looked like they would break the nba's regular season record that the bulls held. I am simply in shock they lost this series. its really really dissapointing that they are out of the playoffs already after making it to the finals last year. It just goes to show you might only get one shot, and you better make the best of it because you might not be back ever. Hopefully, the mavs keep this great team together and come back next year with a vengance. If they keep the core of this team, i belive they will come back next year and win a championship.

hornsfan92 said:
the dallas mavericks might of been this season the biggest dissapointment in the NBA..of all time. they had the best record in the league and at one point looked like they would break the nba's regular season record that the bulls held. I am simply in shock they lost this series. its really really dissapointing that they are out of the playoffs already after making it to the finals last year. It just goes to show you might only get one shot, and you better make the best of it because you might not be back ever. Hopefully, the mavs keep this great team together and come back next year with a vengance. If they keep the core of this team, i belive they will come back next year and win a championship.

i agree on the disappointment part, but they shouldnt come back nex year with the same team. they should blow up the roster a little. i wouldnt mind if they traded dirk cuz he has been here for 10 years and they havent won a title and it was championship or bust this year. the mavs loss is dirks fault.

Back