Football $7.2 million...no thanks

I hate when players do that! S***! All I wanna do is play football! If I make it I will tell my agent, "Get me as much as you can, but just get me in there soon! I need to work with my teammates!" Er something along those lines.

He doesn't seem to be doing it for the money but doing it because he feels they want to get what they can out of him and then dump him off. Either way it may be greedy but its not like the bears wouldn't do anything like this to him.

kutzy said:
There is no team that would make him the top 5 paid player at his position. NO TEAM!!! GUARANTEED. At most he would have made $4-$4.5 mil. He is just making excuses as to why he dosent want to stay in Chicago.

This is probably the best thing for him financially. He is guaranteed his 7.2 mil and he can do whatever he wants after that. He will probably NEVER make 7.2 mil ever again. If he wants to complain about the cash then he should honestly just shut up and play and try to get a 3rd pro bowl and get a contract with 7.2 mil for 4-5 years.
All you need to do is look at what Adelius Thomas got for being a free agent this offseason and you'll understand. Signing bonus of $12 mill, more then a years contract and on a better team. ;)

Back