3/5 Two-Round Mock

DNoz29

Bench Warmer
Hey all,

Sorry I haven't posted a mock in a long time. I've been really busy with school/work. I finally found a few minutes to throw this one together. I'm sure it sucks, but try to enjoy it. ;)

Round 1

1. St. Louis - DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
2. Detroit - OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma St.
3. Tampa Bay - DT Gerald McCoy*, Oklahoma
4. Washington - QB Sam Bradford*, Oklahoma
5. Kansas City - WR Dez Bryant*, Oklahoma St.
6. Seattle - OT Bruce Campbell*, Maryland
7. Cleveland - S Eric Berry*, Tennessee
8. Oakland - DE Derrick Morgan*, Georgia Tech
9. Buffalo - OT Bryan Bulaga*, Iowa
10. Jacksonville - DE Jason Pierre-Paul*, South Florida
11. Denver (from CHI) - ILB Rolando McClain*, Alabama
12. Miami - DE/OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas
13. San Francisco - RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson
14. Seattle (from DEN) - DE Carlos Dunlap*, Florida
15. N.Y. Giants - DT Brian Price*, UCLA
16. Tennessee - CB Joe Haden*, Florida
17. San Francisco (from CAR) - OT Anthony Davis*, Rutgers
18. Pittsburgh - DT Dan Williams, Tennessee
19. Atlanta - DE Brandon Graham, Michigan
20. Houston - S Earl Thomas*, Texas
21. Cincinnati - WR Arrelious Benn*, Illinois
22. New England - DE/OLB Jerry Hughes, TCU
23. Green Bay - OT Charles Brown, USC
24. Philadelphia - RB Ryan Mathews*, Fresno St.
25. Baltimore - TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
26. Arizona - QB Jimmy Clausen*, Notre Dame
27. Dallas - OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
28. San Diego - RB Jonathan Dwyer*, Georgia Tech
29. N.Y. Jets - WR Golden Tate*, Notre Dame
30. Minnesota - CB Kyle Wilson, Boise St.
31. Indianapolis - DT Jared Odrick, Penn St.
32. New Orleans - OLB Navorro Bowman*, Penn St.

Round 2

33. St. Louis - OLB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
34. Detroit - RB Jahvid Best*, California
35. Tampa Bay - WR Damian Williams*, USC
36. Washington - OT Trent Williams*, Oklahoma
37. Kansas City - DT Terrence Cody, Alabama
38. Seattle - S Taylor Mays, USC
39. Cleveland - CB Amari Spievey*, Iowa
40. Oakland - OL Maurkice Pouncey*, Florida
41. Buffalo - DE Everson Griffen*, USC
42. Tampa Bay (from CHI) - S Nate Allen, South Florida
43. New England (from JAX) - DE/DT Arthur Jones, Syracuse
44. Miami - WR Brandon LaFell, LSU
45. San Francisco - S Chad Jones*, LSU
46. Denver - WR Mike Williams*, Syracuse
47. N.Y. Giants - DE Greg Romeus*, Pittsburgh
48. New England (from TEN) - CB Perrish Cox, Oklahoma St.
49. Carolina - WR Marshawn Gilyard, Cincinnati
50. Pittsburgh - CB Patrick Robinson, Florida St.
51. Houston - CB Kareem Jackson, Alabama
52. Kansas City (from ATL) - DE/OLB Ricky Sapp, Clemson
53. Cincinnati - S Morgan Burnett*, Georgia Tech
54. New England - OT/OG Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts
55. Green Bay - CB Javier Arenas, Alabama
56. Philadelphia - ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida
57. Baltimore - DE/OLB Eric Norwood, South Carolina
58. Arizona - CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers
59. Dallas - S Reshad Jones*, Georgia
60. San Diego - CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest
61. N.Y. Jets - OG Jon Asamoah, Illinois
62. Minnesota - DT Lamarr Houston, Texas
63. Indianapolis - DE Lindsey Witten, Connecticut
64. New Orleans - DT Tyson Alualu, California

-Hit on the 49ers needs pretty well. Got safety and tackle help, as well as a BPA pick.

-One TE in the first, but none in the 2nd? I'd bet that 3 go in the 2nd before that. However, I like replacing Todd Heap on Baltimore every year too. :)

-The Bruce Campbell hype is something else. Wouldn't shock me to see him magically appear in the top 10 or somewhere near that vicinity.

-Morgan vs. Pierre-Paul will be an interesting matchup to watch to see who gets taken first. Still on the Morgan bandwagon at the end of the day. And I'm really not sure why.

-Was looking at combine numbers, Ryan Mathews 20 yard shuttle time was a red flag for me. Apparently I love shuttle times, and use the data accordingly. But someone carrying 218 lbs. should be sub-4.2 in that department. For interior runners, I think he should be quicker on his toes if that is indeed his best time.

-Good Okung move up, signaling the Corey Williams trade to Detroit. They need to build a young strong side of the ball (offense), and a more veteran defense for now if they want to compete. Once the offense comes of age, the D can be re-tooled and maybe some success will happen there.

-As for the Dwyer pick, might stick as an AJ Smith special.

I'll post a few more thoughts, just don't want to get logged out before I hit reply.

-Looking at what the Rams did, it looks like you basically set them up to do the following: DT/BPA in the 1st (overall), OLB to fill in the spot next to Laurinatis in the 2nd, 3rd get the TE that shouldn't be there (Hernandez and Gronk in this setup), and then 4th probably get a developmental QB like Lefevour.

-I'd go with McCourty above Arenas, unless the Packers have serious special teams needs in the return game that I don't know about.

-That run on CB's in the late 2nd is crazy. Love how everyone is above reaching for one in the 1st, then all of the sudden everyone is good enough 20 picks later. :LOL:

-I think Pouncey will be a good interior linemen wherever he ends up. If the 49ers were in that market, I'd want him in the 2nd.

-The same style of slide with Maualuga last year to Mays this year wouldn't shock me. Almost to the same area of the draft from where they were originally projected (top 15-20 to early 2nd).

-Speaking of draft stock parallels from last year to this one, it's Maualuga = Mays, Trent Williams = Eben Britton, in this mock. Interesting.

With all that said, nice work. :salut:

-Looking at what the Rams did, it looks like you basically set them up to do the following: DT/BPA in the 1st (overall), OLB to fill in the spot next to Laurinatis in the 2nd, 3rd get the TE that shouldn't be there (Hernandez and Gronk in this setup), and then 4th probably get a developmental QB like Lefevour.
I have Hernandez going to the Rams at the top of the third. ;)

Thanks Mike. I'm not buying the Bradford hype. However, if any team is going to pass on nearly a sure thing for a mid-first-round QB at No. 1, it's the Rams.

I'm really big on both Morgan and Pierre-Paul. I think either of them could go as high as No. 3 to the Bucs.

I had Best going to the Chargers, but since they're keeping Sproles, I think they'd go with a bigger back. I know Dwyer didn't have a great combine, but he produced in school.

Some teams see Mays as a linebacker. However, I think a team will give him a chance at safety before they move him.

Campbell had a pretty good combine, pretty much solidifying himself in the top 15.

About the TEs... I usually neglect them. It's a pretty good class, too. It's just how I roll. :p

Figured it would Hernandez. :snooty: But that's ok, if Gronk gets to his pro peak without any injury setbacks, I don't want the 49ers to have to play against him very often at all.

I don't really "like" Taylor Mays, but I am thinking Mays and best WR in the second would be a better idea than Benn and Burnett/best WR.

Mike Williams in the second is interesting to me. He ahs the talent to be there, but I think the question marks with his character are too big for him to go that early.

Mardy Gilyard to Panthers would be a good fit IMO. They could use antoher young playmaker since it is clear that Jarrett doesn't get it.

I agree with Mike on Morgan over Pierre-Paul. I think playing with George Selvie benefitted him more than people may want to admit.

I have seen some talk of Cleveland wanting Spiller, but if Berry is on the board they will take him. I don't know who would move up over them to take Berry, but a Thunder and Lightning Pro Edition would be pretty cool. However, I would like Spiller to go to a team with a chance of success.

Do you rally think Kindle can jump that far into the 1st round?
He had a great end of the season. I think a guy who can get after the QB is worthy of a top 15 pick.

He's the best 3-4 OLB prospect in this draft, IMO. Perhaps I'm just higher on him than most.

Hawks pick at 40 not 38...

Hate the double reach of Campbell and Dunlap.

Id think Berry would be the easy pick with how pathetic our safties are. We need a DE but I dont think anyone will take Dunlap that high with his off-field issues matched with his on-field low motor.

Id be rooting for Clausen at #14if he was available.

Back