2013 - TCZ Secret Santa

Wow....

We should do this every month! How bout it TCZ?

I think once a month would be a bit difficult for some. It does however remind me of a few "team collector groups" I had been involved with on other forums, where each member of the group has their favorite team and the other members send them cards of their fave team.

That sounds like a good idea @captkirk42 the only problem there would be what if someone doesn't have what the other person collects but still wants to participate?

I read on a forum here about something you all used to do,, about one package making the rounds to all participants where you would take some cards and put some cards back,, the package would make the round till it got back to where it started,, that would also be great to reinstate,, that way if you dont get something for your pc at least you have something to trade for your pc,, just a thought

I read on a forum here about something you all used to do,, about one package making the rounds to all participants where you would take some cards and put some cards back,, the package would make the round till it got back to where it started,, that would also be great to reinstate,, that way if you dont get something for your pc at least you have something to trade for your pc,, just a thought

It was called Pay It Forward or something of that nature.... I know it was on TCC awhile back.

Thanks to my secret santa for the package I received yesterday. I haven't forgotten about the contents of it. I just need to find time to post them. My days run together any more lately.

If my memory doesn't fail me I think it was called something like "take a card, leave a card" ive taken part in the pay it forward so I know thats not it,, maybe @Mike might remember better

I am glad to see that everyone has received their packages in time for Christmas, a lot of really nice things that were sent out. I also received my package a little while ago and was patient enough to wait and open it yesterday morning. It only contained one card, but it is a HUGE PC add for me. Thanks @bajmurray

Mario Manningham - 2008 Leaf Certified Souvenir Stamps GU'ed/Auto #2/5

If my memory doesn't fail me I think it was called something like "take a card, leave a card" ive taken part in the pay it forward so I know thats not it,, maybe @Mike might remember better

You are right on here it was "take a card leave a card". On TCC it is called "The Chain" and there is not limit to the number of cards you can take, you just have to replace them with cards of similar value and/or type. Lately I have revived the TCC chain over there. Still time to sign up for the January package over there.

We could try reviving it here if someone want to be the main-link/starter/organizer.

That sounds like a good idea @captkirk42 the only problem there would be what if someone doesn't have what the other person collects but still wants to participate?
That is one of the problems with those team collector groups. For the folks that stay in them they soon have that problem of not having cards to send to collector x. The groups I was in tended to either not last very long or I didn't last long either because of not having a certain team or by being delinquent on my end. I think the more successful of those kinds of groups were on the SportsCardForum(SCF) there the coordinator "assigns" trading partners. If you don't have what the other collects you can contact the other person and see if they will accept something else that you do have, or I guess you do some quick online shopping. If the other person is understanding maybe they will let you send at a later date when you have something. There is also the sort of hodge-podge free-for-all type where there is no assignments members just send stuff to other members (more like the "pay it forward" or "time to give something back" type posts) whenever. Again there is the problem of some people not having some stuff to send to others, and some people don't send anything at all and others don't get anything.

Sorry I have been having problems with my computer but want to show off what my secret Santa sent me.

First is the 4 cards:
2009 Certified Emmitt Smith GU #/250
2011 Topps Magic Dwayne Harris Rookie Auto
2013 Certified Terrance Williams Rookie Jersey Card
2010 Threads Sean Lee Rookie Auto

63014E83-956A-4BE2-B987-AB66D0EC0EBF_zpsxtazg9oq.jpg

And the best of all is this Emmitt Smith Pro Set 10 card uncut sheet signed and hand numbered to 7500
11A0574B-88C3-4651-9C58-44206F235704_zpsxivhsoyh.jpg

Do not think I could asked for anything more!

Last edited:
Back