3) Devin McCourty - Rutgers
4) Patrick Robinson - FSU
5) Kareem Jackson - Alabama
6) Dominique Franks - Oklahoma
7) Jerome Murphy – South Florida
8) Javier Arenas – Alabama
9) Perrish Cox – Oklahoma State

Position Grade: B-
A consensus top 2 with Haden and Wilson, and from there, a good number of CB’s that will have to overcome some sort of flaw (size, flat line speed, etc.) in the 2nd round and beyond.

Further Analysis:
There are a good number of potential special teams stars in this group as well that will provide value for prospective teams on draft day. As well, there are a number of CB's that I could not really separate by much, guys like Alterraun Verner, Brandon Ghee, and Kevin Thomas (in no particular order). It's very possible to find an unexpected gem in the 4th-7th round of this draft from this group.

Feel free to leave any CB-related comments here.

When I was doing my rankings (which aren't done), CB seemed to be a weak, thin position. However, the off-season performance of some players (Wilson, McCourty) have made this a stronger class.

Haden, despite the slower than expected 40 time, is still the clear-cut No. 1.

Haden certainly is the #1. He rehabbed his stock quite a bit at the pro day. Didn't make sense to see him run so slow at the combine.

Similar to safety, I've been trying to find what I can to separate these mid-tier guys from one another. Was much more successful in the past in doing so than this year.

Back