2009 SP Authentic - a controversial thought

scotsman

Bench Warmer
You'll all be bored of me soon won't you:pop:

Thinking about doing the RC set mainly through ebay buying this year. Does it now matter if the patches are swapped for a better one by the seller bearing in mind the authentic auto would be in place. The patches are only "event -worn" allegedly anyway.

Controversial but actually the more I thought about being worried about the validity the more I realised that the jersey had probably never seen the player's back anyway. Wouldn't go for the "logo" patches that are obvious fakes, but a nice 3-4 clr makes the cards. Only issue is the rise in price.

If it was game-worn it would be different. Morally it's wrong I know but what are people's thoughts?

Wonder if Newfie still tracks these, haven't heard anything of him in months.

I have'nt seen that many ugly one color patches from this crop so far, that's a plus. If you don't have/use E-Bay it's tough to complete any set these days. Like always use your best judgement & trust your feeling if your looking at something especially nice. You should be able to get a good number of them on trade boards with SPA being numbered as high as it is & the volume that gets busted. I'd really love to do the NT RPA Rookies but there are only 99 of each & not all are on card.

If I bust any Paul you'll get 1st dibs. Good luck with your hunt.

Back