What is your White Whale

My white whale is 2003 Timeless Treasures Gold Roger Clemens serial to only 10! A member on the Beckett Message Board had 8 of the 10! I asked if he would sell the worst one to me! He said only if that was the last one that I needed to finish the set......I offered a Derek Jeter 2003 Timeless Treasures gold serial to 10 in Trade...Jeter's is worth more....and he said no! So here I sit waiting the last 15 years waiting for one of the two to show up! Best regards, David
I hope the stars align for you should it ever come up and the other guy is caught sleeping. :)

I'm just getting back into collecting after a decade away from the hobby, but I think my white whale is still the 1990 Topps Frank Thomas NNOF error rookie card. Way too valuable to buy or trade for (with my modest collection). I was/am obsessed with the idea of pulling one from a sealed pack. I've got a box of 1990 Topps on the way, gonna be fun to relive the thrill of the hunt.
Good luck! Best regards, David

I hope the stars align for you should it ever come up and the other guy is caught sleeping. :)
I hope so......I offered $100.00 for the worst of the 8 cards that he had......white edges on about two corners.......and he still would not take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just getting back into collecting after a decade away from the hobby, but I think my white whale is still the 1990 Topps Frank Thomas NNOF error rookie card. Way too valuable to buy or trade for (with my modest collection). I was/am obsessed with the idea of pulling one from a sealed pack. I've got a box of 1990 Topps on the way, gonna be fun to relive the thrill of the hunt.
I'd love to have one of those also. I've seen some silly refrigerator magnets on Ebay and some reprints or counterfeits but the real thing is out of my range.

Back