Hockey 1994 Signature Rookies

65_Andrew Taylor - Front.jpg65_Andrew Taylor - Reverse.jpg
66_Brad Bombardir - Front.jpg66_Brad Bombardir - Reverse.jpg
69_Milan Hejduk - Front.jpg69_Milan Hejduk - Reverse.jpg

All forrrrr....a million dollars? ...No?....$999,999...No? :confused:

Fine then, :mad:

But really, I just need info on them, if anyone can help, it's appreciated.

Let me check my annual beckett book I have, I remember this cards, might want some of them if your willing to part with some, yeah, no big names but #69, maybe Rivers was a Rookie red Wing, give me by the weekend, been feeling sick of late

I cant give you any info on this set, but I do know I like these 2 if ou ever decide to trade or sell. :)

27. Sheldon Souray
69. Milan Hejduk

Let me check my annual beckett book I have, I remember this cards, might want some of them if your willing to part with some, yeah, no big names but #69, maybe Rivers was a Rookie red Wing, give me by the weekend, been feeling sick of late

Sorry to hear that, hopefully nothing serious.

Yeah, if you can get me values on them I'd consider selling them.

I'd have to see what cards you want, and see how much postage for bubble mailers or Media Mail and USPS Tracking costs, and go from there.

Right now it looks to be around $3 to $4 to ship a couple cards, and I'd eat some of that, but not all unless the cards are worth it. If the cards aren't valued past $5, or you're not willing to pay a minimum of $5, I couldn't sell 'em as it wouldn't be worth it to either of us.

Buying this way may not be worth it to you, and selling this way may not be worth it to me, but let's see what their values are.

I cant give you any info on this set, but I do know I like these 2 if ou ever decide to trade or sell. :)

27. Sheldon Souray
69. Milan Hejduk

A few things:

redwing40 asked first, so he (or she?) gets first crack at it.

I can't trade right now. I can't afford the extra expenses. I'll sell, but only if the cards are valued high enough. A $1 card isn't worth the expense of shipping, as I'd lose money, and the card lol

I need to see what the values are on them before I can do anything. Given that I never found a listing for them anywhere, that's kinda tough. I'd need to verify values given someway, possibly through a third party, or if links are provided I could take a look.

After knowing the value, I'd need to see what (someone) would offer for them, or state a price myself.

My goal is to meet half-way between making me happy and someone else happy.

If you have knowledge of what the values of the two cards, let me know, as it'll help move this along to a sale/purchase or a "forget it, not worth it" conclusion.

Tanks for the interest, either way.

I have a bunch of these cards. They are all hand-numbered autographs, "of 7,750". I never found a listing for them back in the days when I bought price guides, so any info is appreciated.

I listed them elsewhere as "1994-95 Signature Rookies". Is this wrong? I'm not sure I can create a single-year entry, so the point may be moot lol

The images:

...forthcoming. I don't see a way to copy and paste them here, so I uploaded the images of the first card to another site, which is reviewing them. I created a set for them a year or two ago, and may have listed it incorrectly. For now I'll just list them.

The list:

1994 Signature Rookies - Autographs

All are hand numbered, and "of 7,750".

I have: 1-9, 11, 18-21, 23, 24, 27-30, 32-38, 40-45, 2/46, 48-56, 64-66, 69

1. Vaclav Varada 1.00
2. Roman Vopat 1.00
3. Yannick Dube 1.00
4. Colin Cloutier 1.00
5. Scott Cherrey 1.00
6. Johan Finnstrom 1.00
7. Fredrik Modin 5.00
8. Stephane Roy 1.00
9. Yevgeni Ryabchikov 1.00
11. Jason Holland 1.00
18. Wade Belak 1.00
19. Sebastien Bety 1.00
20. Chris Dingman 1.00
21. Peter Nylander1.00
23. Kelly Fairchild 1.00
24. Norm Dezainde 1.00
27. Sheldon Souray 1.00
28. Stefan Ustorf 1.00
29. Juha Vurovirta 1.00
30. Mark Seliger 3.00
32. Dimitri Tabarin 1.00
33. Nikolai Tsulygin 1.00
34. Paul Vincent 1.00
35. Rhett Warrener 1.00
36. Jamie Rivers 1.00
37. Ruman Ndur 3.00
38. Phil Hubar 1.00
40. Mike Barrie 1.00
41. Chris Hynnes 1.00
42. Mike Dubinski 1.00
43. Steve Cheredaryk 1.00
44. Jim Carey 5.00
45. Brad Symes 1.00
46. Jorgen Jonsson 1.00
48. Corey Nielson 1.00
49. Daniel Tjarnqvist 3.00
50. Vadim Yepanchintsev 1.00
51. Sean Haggerty 1.00
52. Mark McArthur 1.00
53. Adam Magarrell 1.00
54. Dave Scatchard 3.00
55. Sebastien Vallee 1.00
56. Milos Guren 1.00
64. Dorian Anneck 1.00
65. Andrew Taylor 1.00
66. Brad Bombardir 1.00
69. Milan Hejduk 15.00

The whole set is $100 1-69, there is a gold foil set also but same BV! So there you go, gald to help

paul

The whole set is $100 1-69, there is a gold foil set also but same BV! So there you go, gald to help

paul

Thanks. :)

I was pretty sure there was another variation of this, but couldn't remember.

I guess they're not really worth trading or selling, since it's not worth it to me or you (or camaropat) to try to trade or sell, given my reluctance to spend money.

That's fine with me, really...as I was pretty certain that was going to happen, and I cherish the cards for several reasons. I love the "bleed-through, for one...as you just don't see it that often, and the hand # serial-numbering is cool.

If you don't mind, is there any other info in your (book)? I take it individual cards aren't listed? If there are a couple cards worth $5 or so, it might be possible to work-out a trade or sell deal for them...something we both (or camaropat and I) are comfortable with.

I don't really want to sell or trade them all, for a few reasons. One: I'm missing....22 cards out of 69...roughly a third, which likely lowers the value to around $65...probably less, as the missing cards are likely to be the more valuable ones...making the ones I have worth around half that...maybe $35. Given the idea that I'd sell them at a reasonable price, say around $20 or so, it's not really worth it to me, since I like them too much.

But, if a couple/few cards are worth say $15, I could probably sell them at $10 and pay for shipping myself, or take a cheap relic (or auto) or two (or three, depending on value) + a couple bucks for shipping. That I might be able to deal with lol

In any case, thanks for the assistance. ;)

What's a bubble-mailer cost to ship now anyway? I know insurance is something like 90 cents, so something like $2.50? $3? It's been years since I've sent any cards to people, and I couldn't find info on that at usps.com. I need to know for any future trade/selling deals I make.

Thanks, to anyone that can help clarify it for me.

Its 2.95 I think under 4 oz, Canada for one card is $6.50 with new Customs form, International $10-15 under 4 oz, I paid $18 for a over 4 oz package to Demark, hope this helps!

27. Sheldon Souray
69. Milan Hejduk

I doubt we can come to terms, from what I can tell, they're just not worth the expense for us.

It's different with higher-valued cards...one's above $20 say. With a $20 card (or cards), I could be willing to sell it (or trade it, if shipping is accounted for) for less, say $10 to $15 depending on how much I cherish it, and pay for shipping myself out of that. With a couple of cards valued at a buck a piece, I couldn't pay shipping, as I'd lose money...and the cards lol

Since I believe the Hejduk is probably a star card, it's likely to be worth in the $3 to $5 range, while the other is likely a $1 to $2 card. These are pure guesses, but if accurate, that's make them worth between $4 and $7. Splitting the difference at $5.50, and discounting them to $4, and with shipping at around $3, I'd only get around a buck for 'em, and so it's not really worth it to me to sell or trade 'em, sorry.

Then again, if the 69-card set is valued at $100, and the Hejduk is the top card, it's probaly more in the range of $8 to $12. The other might be $2. Combined maybe $12 on average. I could discount to $8, and might be willing to pay for shipping and insurance, as long as it is indeed $3. That'd give me $5 for the pair.

In other words: It's complicated not knowing the values lol

paul

Yeah, these are probably the Gold Foil variation. The numbers and all info 'cept the Set logo are gold-foil-like.

Thanks again. I'll update my info on 'em for my lists and pics.

I personally like the set, I found one in my Inserts and RCs box which goes back them years, I would keep them and find the others for the set! But if you ever want to brake the set, I could use some! but let camaropat have the Ave's cards, or was it Quebec at the time!

He can make an offer if he wants. If he passes, you can. I'll consider selling them, or trading as long as some $ is thrown in for shipping.

I should add my other hockey autos and relics. I'm more into football (Packers) than hockey, and I don't have many.

I did some research to find out just what I have auto-wise, It ain't easy, but I think these are correct:

1995 Signature Rookies (Draft Day?) # 23 Jan Labraaten (Farjestad Jr., drafted by Calgary) 1385/4,500

1995 Signature Rookies (Draft Day?) # 27 Donald MacLean (Beauport, drafted by Los Angeles) 58/4,500

1999 Upper Deck MVP, ProSign, # JF Jeff Friesen

2000/01 (In The Game) Be A Player (2001 Signature Series), # 138 Jocelyn Thibault (Chicago Blackhawks)

2000/01 (In The Game) Be A Player (2001 Signature Series), # 230 Roman Simicek, (Pittsburgh Penguins) "First Signature Card"

2000/01 (In The Game) Be A Player (2001 Signature Series), # 231 Reto Von Arx, (Chicago Blackhawks) "First Signature Card" - X 2

Be a Player is likely the correct listing, but there's no indication of that on the card. I hate when manufacturers do that. :mad: I think I got the teams right.

I only have one Hockey relic:

2001 (Pacific) Private Stock, Game-Worn (jersey), # 37 Jamie Langenbrunner (Dallas Stars)

27. Sheldon Souray
69. Milan Hejduk

I can let these go. I sent you those Wrestling cards though, so maybe once you get them you can decide on whether or not to take these too.

I'll also throw these two in as a bonus:

Hockey Action.jpg

They are 2001 Private Stock PS-2001 Action cards. The left is # 29 Jose Theodore and the right is # 34 Petr Sykora. You and Redwing40 can decide amongst yourselves whether or not either of you want these lol...maybe each take one? whatever, I don't care for the little.....fellas. ;)

Back