1967 TOPPS #355 Carl Yastrzemski

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
This was one of my first cards, long lost many years ago though (in a house fire). When I was a kid I was a big Red Sox fan and had most of the cards from years like 1967, 1975, 1978. Someday I'd like to rebuild that collection.

yaz.JPG

Great card of a great player...I love those old Topps cards. Too bad they were lost in a fire like that. Actually, he is my father-in-law's favorite player. I have considered getting him a Yaz card and a stand for his office. I was thinking a 1968 for him...since it would have the stats from his triple crown season.

I know I have at least one complete set of the Donruss Puzzle-Set cards of his....somewhere :woot:
I remember those! I think they were 1990...or maybe 1989. My brother and I opened a ton of those packs as kids.

I'd love to get a signed ball from Yaz too. :)
I was actually looking at online for them a while back and they are quite spendy. I think he must charge quite a bit for an autograph. I remember thinking they were in the $100-$150 range. I paid that for my Hank Aaron and Warren Spahn baseballs...but I thought it was too much for Yaz (at least for me).

I'd like to pick up a Yaz ball at some point, but there are several others I'd like to get first.

Speaking of legendary Red Sox players...the great Bobby Doerr still signs for free through the mail. I sent him a ball and a card several months back and I got them back both signed about 2 weeks later. Great guy and oldest living HOF baseball player.

Back