1950 Bowman Bobby Doerr TTM

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
I thought you guys get a kick out of this. A couple weeks ago I decided to send HOF Red Sox player Bobby Doerr a letter and a couple TTM items to sign. Mr. Doerr is 95 years old and is very good to fans and is a well known signer...not to mention he is an all time great second baseman (and a local guy here in Oregon).

My original plan was to send him a ROMLB as I am trying to assemble a small collection of signed baseballs. So, I ordered a baseball and was getting everything ready to send...when I thought I would like a signed card if it was affordable. Based on my research, Mr. Doerr will sign a couple items so I did a little looking and found a well used 1950 Bowman Doerr card on eBay for $7.98 shipped. I figured for an additional $8 investment...I didn't have much to lose. The card is probably Gd-Fr quality...but it has character for it's age and would be a great TTM card.

So, I sent the baseball and the card off. Less than 2 weeks later a package arrived at my door. In it was the signed baseball and card (both with HOF 86) inscriptions. I was very excited to get these items back and I thought I would share the card with you.

Sweeeeeeeet!!!

wouldn't it be nice to get a completed set of SIGNED 1950 Bowman's?

I think that would be an awesome project and a wonderful set to do it with. But, a little challenging for me...lol.

Also, I currently have one more TTM out...but from a different set. I sent a 1963 Topps card and a ROMLB to Bob Uecker. We'll see what happens.

By-the-way... if for any reason you wake up some morning and decide "oh heck, I HATE this Doerr and am going to get rid of it..." my number is in my profile!

I know I mentioned the Bob Uecker TTM attempt a few posts back...well, it arrived today. Took just under 2 weeks. Thought you guys would like to see it:

Back