12/24 One-Round Mock

I think S Taylor Mays, USC will go earlier then 15th but if he does go to the Texans it would not surprise me they have been working hard on building up a great D and he would be an awesome piece to that puzzle.
Definitely possible. The six teams picking before the Texans (in this mock) could all take a chance on Mays. However, they might have bigger needs.

Mays' combine will determine ultimately where he ends up.

Loathe the Brown pick as he is a lazy pile of goo.

Interested in Bradford but this team needs DE help badly as well a safety.

I'd love Berry or Thomas. DE needs to be a pass rusher I don't care if they are undersized.

Personally I'm hoping for the Idaho guard with the second pick and defensive playmaker in the top 10. But it all depends on who is available.

Kind of high for CJ, but if he is truely healthy, his numbers can put him there. Where do you see Ricky Sapp? He did well this year when we went to more of an attacking D where he could stand up like an OLB in a 3-4

And what about Brian Price? I think he will be coming out and he outplayed McCoy who got the nod for AA based onname alone.
Price is a late first- or early-second round guy and could definitely improve his stock. I could see him in the middle third of the first round with a solid workout.

Kind of high for CJ, but if he is truely healthy, his numbers can put him there. Where do you see Ricky Sapp? He did well this year when we went to more of an attacking D where he could stand up like an OLB in a 3-4
Definitely higher than most. He's a surefire first-rounder, though.

Sapp profiles as a 3-4 rush OLB. He could be a second-rounder and no worse than a third-rounder.

Was going to post on this a few days ago, but got sidetracked with other stuff. With that said, here's my 2 cents:

-I think the Bill take an offensive tackle in the 1st. With Peters leaving, I'd probably give them Campbell if I made a mock (which I will do that once there is a more predictable draft order and I'm back in town).
-Not too high on the OT Brown from USC. Just don't see it with him. Looks like Jon has the same impression about him.
-I'm expecting Taylor Mays to slide another 5 spots or so, even with a perceived strong workout.
-Seeing Brian Price mentioned, I like him as a good value pick in the late 1st.
-Like the early WR's in this draft. Bryant, Tate, Williams, all could be very good pro's.
-No Tebow to Jacksonville? Wayne Weaver has to sell tickets quickly!

Overall, very nice work. Will have to organize my players and picks soon enough.

22. Seattle (from DEN) - QB Sam Bradford*, Oklahoma
- The 2008 Heisman winner returned to school, got hurt and will end up costing him millions. However, Seattle is able to overlook that and tabs him as the heir apparent to Matt Hasselbeck.

If that comes true, I'm not gonna be able to collect cards anymore lol.

Back