$1.25 shipping... for what?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Finally after many years of searching I was able to locate (thanks to CarmaroDMD) a 2007 Distinguished Service Douglas McArthur DS10!

Yes! The set is finally completed!

Paid a little over Book Value, but you do that when you want the one elusive card to complete the set.

$1.25 for shipping... at least it was in a penny sleeve and top loader.
mail.jpg

That is a little ridiculous. IMHO, if you pay for shipping then cards should come in a bubble mailer. I think low dollar cards with free shipping isn't a big deal with a PWE...but even that's a maybe.

If the guy had FREE shipping or even a very low shipping price I would have had no problem with a PWE, but to charge $1.20 was a shame.

Thank you eBay for NOT allowing me to leave anything other than POSITIVE feedback on this... so, while the seller immediately gave me positive feedback right after I paid... I am highly upset that I am not given the option to leave a NEUTRAL feedback due to the shipping charge.

NOT leaving any feedback...

Eh, life's too short to worry about stuff like that. Little things add up too, the cost of the stamp and the envelope probably about half of what he charged you for postage. Dunno what else was in there, but if you go with a bubble mailer, the added cost in postage and the cost of the bubble mailer put the real hard cost closer to $2.00 I think.

I wouldn't leave feedback either, in fact I've given up on eBay's feedback system generally. Ten years ago I paid a lot of attention to it, the only real problem being feedback retaliation and shill feedback. Now, they've obfuscated the system so much that you can't tell what's what and feedback is pretty useless anyway.

I'd say, as long as he was upfront about the cost of the postage, and the item arrives undamaged, then it's not worth the bother.

Eh, life's too short to worry about stuff like that. Little things add up too, the cost of the stamp and the envelope probably about half of what he charged you for postage. Dunno what else was in there, but if you go with a bubble mailer, the added cost in postage and the cost of the bubble mailer put the real hard cost closer to $2.00 I think.

I wouldn't leave feedback either, in fact I've given up on eBay's feedback system generally. Ten years ago I paid a lot of attention to it, the only real problem being feedback retaliation and shill feedback. Now, they've obfuscated the system so much that you can't tell what's what and feedback is pretty useless anyway.

I'd say, as long as he was upfront about the cost of the postage, and the item arrives undamaged, then it's not worth the bother.
I tend you agree with you Peter. Yes, it is a little annoying when something arrives like this...but as long as the card arrives safely I don't worry about it.

When I buy on eBay...I always combine the "price" and the "shipping" into what I am willing to pay. If that number makes it worth having the item in hand then I buy it. In my head...I'm not really paying a separate thing for shipping. It all comes out of my bank account so what difference does it make.

As long as the item arrives safely at my door as described, I am happy.

Don't get me wrong.. I am VERY HAPPY with the card.. and being able to complete the set... just sad that a card dealer charges so much for shipping and uses a PWE. Makes me wonder what his store looks like...

Back in the day it used to be that they'd do that to avoid paying eBay the full fees, that doesn't work so well for them anymore. I think they should just go ahead and make everything free shipping these days, let sellers build the shipping into the price of the item. That would make it easier all around.

Back in the day it used to be that they'd do that to avoid paying eBay the full fees, that doesn't work so well for them anymore. I think they should just go ahead and make everything free shipping these days, let sellers build the shipping into the price of the item. That would make it easier all around.
When I sell on eBay...this is how I sell. There is no savings on eBay fees with shipping costs and all shipping costs do is piss off buyers. If the shipping is built into the price (and thus "free") they are always happy as long as the item arrives safely.

If it's not a GU, I don't have a problem with a PWE, assuming the card is penny sleeved/top loadered/team bagged, but doggone it, put the extra $.21 for nonmachinable at least! And I don't consider $1.25 "charging so much for shipping"; yes, it could/should be less.

Back