09 UPPER DECK FOOTBALL CASE BREAK ---DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know one thing. I will never get in a break like this again unless there is some kind of time limit on the picks. at this rate it will take a month to complete this.

kordell2000 said:
I know one thing. I will never get in a break like this again unless there is some kind of time limit on the picks. at this rate it will take a month to complete this.

so how else would you "make" this happen?

take picks away when someone doenst pick in a timely manner?

I'm not gonna pocket peoples money because they dont pick "fast enough", thats juts absurd

we have done this 3 times...once took 2-3 days....once took about a week

IF we had more participation on the breaks it wouldnt be a problem

we did this break in this style to make it affordable to all members and to give everyone a shot at guaranteed hits....not everyone can afford $50-$70 per spot...

the "rules" of the break were posted... no one forced anyone to join

maybe in the future people should read the rules and ask questions about the break BEFORE they join, so that they wont complain about it later...

once again... I attempted to post a break.. that actually filled for once.. and still complaints...

this may be the last break I host at all

Adam...

First off, great job doing these breaks, I think we all realize it takes a lot of time and effort to pull these off...In my prior life as mod elsewhere, I would only run case buys (buy a case and then sell off the boxes to the site), because someone would at least be guaranteed the case hit (as opposed to buying form some online site)

That said, I agree that everyone should have read the rules and knew there was no time limit, hopefully Stoked21 is oka nd nothing serious has happened to him. I just don't see how hard it is for people to leave you a list of cards that they want. If you're 6-7 picks away, pm adam with a list of the 7 cards in order that you want, and he'll select the top card available off your list when it is your turn. simple...

Maybe in the future, (I said future :p), there should be a time limit...I'm not talking about 2 hrs or something strict like that, we all have other things to do than sit on the boards all day long, but I think 24 hrs is more than reasonable, and if they don't pick in that time, they get skipped and can make their pick at any time, meanwhile the draft can continue...

Again, this could be for future breaks, and like this one, if they don't like the rules or having a 24 hr time limit, then they don't have to join...

ok, i'm done :)

The draft style makes it interesting and yes it takes a long time but, it makes for interesting choices. Its peoples jobs that make it hard for someone to make their picks. I did what Dacubs spoke about I didn't think I would be around for my pick and I sent Adam my choices.

Keep up the good work Adam and hopefully I will be able to help out in the breaks next year!

Adam, I am not criticizing you. You do a great job on the breaks. I really appreciate that and you did explain the way it worked to me. I figured 3 - 4 days to get this done, but I do think that there should be some kind of time limit like was mentioned above. 24 hrs is more than fair. Just a suggestion. I love doing your case breaks and I will always participate when I can afford it.

lol I went fishing yesturday so I wasnt home from 5am to 7pm then I ate and went to bed sorry everyone had to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back