Will Alabama Get Knocked Off Their Throne?

johnnyboy1999

Bench Warmer
Alabama has dominated college football the past two years and they have done it in impressive fashion. The question is this. Who in the hell can stop these guys. Every year it is the same thing. Dominant run game with a strong offensive line, efficient minimal mistake QB, excellent defense and superior coaching. I really don't know who can put an end to their reign.

I dont believe anyone can knock Alabama off their throne until I see it. I went to University of Alabama for a year and college football is all they got down there. There are no pro teams in the state. You really either like Auburn or University of Alabama for football. So much resources go into the program and they have the best coach in the country. They will continue to get top recruiting classes because players want to play for Coach Saban and players want to come to Alabama for all they have to offer.

There's a chance. Many people are saying LSU lacks the talent to contend for the SEC title this year, but my answer to that is this is LSU. LSU doesn't just drop off into oblivion. Texas A&M will provide the greatest challenge in the west. Manziel gave Bama fits last year, and they really struggle against an uptempo offense.

Georgia, South Carolina and Florida are all looking strong in the SEC East. Georgia has a strong offense and South Carolina a great defense anchored by Clowney. Florida took a lot of great steps last year, and you've got to think Driskell will get even better. He reminded me a lot of another Florida QB last year, Tim Tebow.

With all that said, I think Bama will come out victorious in the SEC but suffer through some nail biters.

I do not believe that there are any teams left in Alabama's schedule who on paper can beat them. With that said, anything can happen, and every team will be out gunning for them.

I don't see it happening until next season. I really think that they will win three straight national championships and it is painful for me to say that. I hate it when sports teams win back to back championships but when they go three in a row it makes me livid. I really do not care for Nick Saban.

I can't see anyone beating Alabama. I thought Texas A&M would take care of them but now I'm only giving Georgia a real chance at beating them, assuming they make it to the SEC championship game. LSU will be a test, but Bama should have the better team.

I would really like to see Alabama against Oregon. I know Oregon had their chance against Auburn a few years ago but I think Cam Newton was just not going to be beaten that year. Oregon deserves another shot at dethroning the SEC since they are always a top 5 or top 10 team the last several years. They destroyed Tennessee who almost beat Georgia so you can take that for what it's worth, but I feel like Oregon has a very strong team this year and probably has the best chance of knocking off Alabama if Georgia isn't able to.

Though it looks at the moment like Alabama is going to go all of the way, one thing we must remember is that no one has won three straight outright national championships. The closest anyone has come is three in four years. So the Tide will be bucking the law of averages in their quest for a third straight Sears Trophy.

First,Alabama must get through the SEC schedule and win the conference championship game. Then, they must win the BCS title game. Let's not forget that the Tide got second chances each of the last two seasons which they would not have gotten before the BCS. Two years ago, they got another crack at LSU who beat them during the regular season. Last season, they watched as Oregon went down to Stanford.

I think that 'Bama will get through the SEC, but could lose to either Oregon or Stanford. I think that Stanford has the best chance as they play the same type of game as the Tide. Strong defense, a good running game and a quarterback that doesn't make many mistakes.

Let's let this play out before we give Alabama the title. Winning one championship is hard enough. To win three in a row takes a lot of good fortune.

What an amazing game against Auburn that was! I am a fan of neither team, but I am a fan of college football and that was one of the best finishes I have seen. I am a Texas Longhorns fan so the 2005 National Championship game against USC will probably forever be the best game I will ever see in my lifetime.

This Alabama-Auburn game will always be remembered because of the national implications it had and the fact that it is a big rivalry game. It's funny that no one really questioned the call Nick Saban made to try the long field goal because he is Nick Saban. I wonder if Les Miles or another coach who always gets questioned would have been run out of town if that happened to them?

Back