who has or has had an ebay store?

deputyjaay

Bench Warmer
Can you tell me the pros and cons of opening a store? What are the fees and such that go along with it. I may be purchasing a hefty bulk lot of gu and autos..etc And have already purchased a bunch of contenders and decent mid-high end autos recently. Any help would be appreciated.....thanks :salut:

they are about to jack the fees WAY up on stores...

regular store will be $0.50 per 30 day item ($0.50 listing fee :shock:) and $14.95 a month
premium store will be $0.05 per 30 day item and $49.95 per month
anchor store will be $0.03 (current fee for $24.99 listing) and a ton per month...

by having a store you are giving away 100 free listings that start for $0.99 or less a month...

when the new fee structure starts is going to suck balls for small/mid level inventory stores, if you are going to have 2000+ items with inventory that is moving it might be beneficial...

fees are out of this world already, i was able to make some money during the season, but once traffic goes down and guys arent getting hot, its hard to grind it out, especially with the new fees...

With the new fees structure, FVF is at 8%.... I have put in a LOT of work into my store, so traffic is higher now than it was during the season. Probably sell $300 worth of garbage most week. Takes time, but money is money so I ain't gonna complain.

And on the line of what Jason said, right now I have 2500 items and adding more all the time. With the lower FVF I may end up breaking about even on the change.

As you all remember, I had a store prior to the latest fee change. Overall, you've really got to be grinding it to warrant the extra monthly fee. Selling cards on ebay is an easy, yet grueling job. Ebay never sleeps and neither did I back then... haha

Back