Football White Whale Monday! Patience and Persistence Pays off!

jaderock

Bench Warmer
What an AWESOME Monday mailday!!!

CARD B: I've known about this Mark Brunell 2004 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Jumbo Prime Patch #1/1 since it was listed on ebay back in August 2005. It was heart breaking that I couldn't go to war with the eventual winner (those that do a little homework will know who had it and what that means). However, I kept open communciation with him in hopes that I could some day buy or trade for it.

Part 1 (A):
Well about a month ago, I finally found a suitable replacement that he would accept in a trade. The replacement was a Torry Holt 2006 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Jumbo Prime Patch #1/1 that belonged to Mario who did a box break on 9/13 on another site. Here's the replacement.
holtf.jpg
holt.jpg

Being that the card was being shipped from Malaysia...I was very worried about delivery since the international carrier wasn't Fed Ex or UPS, customs and et al! But it actually went very smooth but I was anxious the entire week. As it turned out, it only took a week for it to arrive. TNT (who they?) delivered it at 4:30 today! When I opened the package, there was a 1 1/2" CRACK on the SUPER THICK Screwdown (never seen one of these - it's 1/2" thick!!) My heart was racing, remembering the time when I once had a AJ Feeley #1/1 Patch card ruined (creased badly) when the screwdown was obliterated in shipping! What was worse was this card didn't actually belong to me! I took a deep breathe and unscrewed it, took out the card and inspected it! Voila - it arrived unharmed! Yoohoo! I barely had enough time to scan it before I had to race off to the Post Office to mail it! Total time the card was in my possession...10 minutes...it was nice to look at, but this was better...

Part 2 (B ): At 3:00pm today Fed Ex delivered one of my white whales:
Mark Brunell 2004 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Jumbo Prime Patch #1/1. Joe S (from ebay) had agreed to trade Card A for Card B. I was worried a bit because I had never done business with Joe, but Joe sent 1st...trusting me that I would not scam him. I wouldn't, but off site trades can go bad oftentimes. Anyway, this completes the Mark Brunell Master set from 2004 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia:

1st the white whale:
2004AbsoluteTOTT1-1.jpg

And now the COMPLETE 2004 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Master Set of Mark Brunell. What makes this set harder was that there were 3 #1/1s! There are several #1s and #8s in the set as well as a Trifecta (#1/10, #8/10 and #10/10 on the TOTT Dual Jersey Prime!)

a-base.jpg

a-baseb.jpg

The retail base, hobby base (#/1150), Spectrum (#/100) and Platinum Spectrum (#1/1)

a-bossf.jpg

a-boss.jpg

Boss Hoggs insert (#/1000), Boss Hoggs Game Used (#/125), Boss Hoggs Game Used Spectrum (#1/1), TOTT insert (#/250) and TOTT Spectrum (#/10)

a-tottf.jpg

a-tott.jpg

I’m not 100% sure on the correct lingo for the names, but they include:
TOTT Jersey (#/100), Jersey Prime (#/25), Dual Jersey Prime (#/10), Jersey Jumbo (#/10) and Jersey Jumbo Spectrum Prime (#1/1)

Back