Where do you see your team after the midpoint of the season

OldAdmin

Bench Warmer
After 41 games where do you see your team, name the team, state the record, and back up with your reasoning.

I see the Lakers having around 4-5 losses. They will be well ahead in the Western Conference. My reasoning would be that they are currently 8-1 after facing big time opponents like New Orleans, Houston, and Dallas. They have a solid team that is as deep as any.

I see the Pacers being right around 21-20 or as good as 27-14. We've really shown a crazy ability to mesh well as a team considering half of our roster is new and we have 2 rookies playing a decent amount of minutes. We're sitting at 5-5 right now with thorough butt whoopings of 2 of the East's best teams in Boston and Atlanta. We're outperforming our opponents in every major statistical category other than offensive rebounds and steals (both of which our opponents have a slight edge). The main thing we have to cut down on is our turnovers and fouls. I really like the makeup of this team and I think we're in a position to surprise a lot of people and steal one of those last 2 playoff spots if we continue playing with confidence.

Bhelser, I woldn't be surprised to see them #2 in the West. They are going to be good, but they will be out early in the playoffs this season. Next year though, they should have a good chance.

with the Blazers it is all about matchup. I can see us going out quickly in the 1st round (assuming they make the playoffs) due to lack of experience (not lack of talent) - but we are such a versatile team, we can be slow and methodical (Roy running the show), we can go big (Pryzbilla, Oden, Aldridge, Frye), or we can be a running team (Rodriguez, Fernandez, Outlaw).

it will be fun to see it play out.

I could see the Mavs around 21-20 maybe a little better than that depending on how quickly they can all get on the same page and play together. They have to play better defense and quit losing big leads as they do almost every game!

Back