Football What players this season do you expect to make some $$ from?

bjtheman1

Bench Warmer
I'm trying to get a list of players that are in the spotlight for this season and would be some decent investments to make a little profit from as well.

What player(s) would you pick some stuff up from?

:cool:

bjtheman1 said:
I'm trying to get a list of players that are in the spotlight for this season and would be some decent investments to make a little profit from as well.

What player(s) would you pick some stuff up from?

:cool:

you should stick with basketball and pick up some Tyrus Thomas... i know i guy who's getting rid of some. ;)

I havent really done any offseason scouting this year, so I'm not sure. But I'd look at teams who could make a jump to the playoffs and find a key guy that might be selling for cheap now. That's the best advice I can give

bjtheman1 said:
Mcfadden is one I'm definitely considering, along with Matt Forte and Slaton.

Forte and McFadden stuff already sells good. Slaton would be the better choice if you are looking to flip, as is Kevin Smith.

How bout some older guys, Frank Gore & Ronnie Brown. I'm thinking about Vince Young as well I think he may suprise everyone this season.

bjtheman1 said:
How bout some older guys, Frank Gore & Ronnie Brown. I'm thinking about Vince Young as well I think he may suprise everyone this season.

Gore and Brown would have an upside, but I don't know how much more their cards can go up. I think Gore's card probably has more room to grow at this point, especially after last season. I wouldn't put too much investment into Vince Young. A young QB that has a more promising future is Chad Henne. I also forgot to mention Desean Jackson, his stuff is REALLY cheap.

Cedric Benson is a nice one to go after I think. I picked up a few of his rookies in the offseason,and if he can do anything with the Bengals,his card might take a jump

McFadden I still think has room to increase,as alot of it has been hype with him so far. You rarely see his exquisite being sold as everyone is holding onto it hoping.

Forte probably hit the ceiling last year,not sure how much more he'll go up

yeah I'd say Maclin for sure .. McFadden I'm not so sure..hes injury prone and they are giving Fargas the nod over Mcfadden right now to start..with Orton at the Helm in Denver I see them having to rely on teh run game so Moreno could have a huge year.

Mario Manningham he is going to surprise everyone! He is going to leave his troubles behind him and everyone will be kicking themselfs int he butt for not picking him when they had the chance!

Back