Football What a night....Derek Anderson style.

bgomourto

Bench Warmer
Just had an awesome night. I was at an auction for my kid's school. He is a first grader. We live in Scappoose, where Derek Anderson went to school. They had a few t-shirts that were autographed by Derek in the silent auction and a Brown's jersey in the live auction that was also auto'd. There was also a Browns children's jersey that was going to be signed by Derek Anderson shortly after the item ended.

I was working at the auction and put a few bids on some items. After a few of the items ended my Dad found me and asked if he could go get my son from the babysitters because he won the kids jersey and Derek was across the street at the High School for a high school Hall of Fame banquet. I jumped in the car with my dad and picked up my son. My son got to meet Derek and he is just a really great guy and loves kids. I've heard many, many stories around town of him being great with kids. He took the time to talk to my son. He didn't act like it was a bother at all. My son was a little in awe, of course. My son won't soon forget tonight. The best part was I didn't have to pay for any of it....Grandpa did.

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

***Also check out what they sell at my old high school at the outlet..... :D****

ac-n-mike said:
POOSE nice

I immediately noticed that too. We have warped minds.

Awesome story Brent. Glad to hear the little man is already building a pretty cool collection.

Back