WGN Chicago reporting Lance Briggs to sign

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
With the Bears....TODAY...expected in camp as well...something about the bears giving him some of his 7.2 million up front as a 'signing' bonus and not giving him the franchise tag next season...also the bears locked up peanut for another 6 years

I know players hate it, but they negotiated (or accepted the inclusion of) the franchise tag in the last cba, yet everytime teams use it for its' intended purposes players bitch. Players union needs to step up and tell them to STFU. :D

I know players hate it, but they negotiated (or accepted the inclusion of) the franchise tag in the last cba, yet everytime teams use it for its' intended purposes players bitch. Players union needs to step up and tell them to STFU. :D

I really dont understand it in Briggs case. He made $650,000 base sal. last year. The 7.2 Mill tag is a 1000% raise from last year.

They should, but you know Upshaw would never, ever do anything that might upset a player.

its hard to feed the kids on only 7 mil a year though

you know how much insurance is on my Ferrari? How about my house in snottyville, Illinois? Or all my child support? Sh*t, 5 kids, 4 moms, 1 gorilla. All have needs. Damn gorilla needs imported bananas from effin guam! 7 Mil ain't sh*t!!!

They should, but you know Upshaw would never, ever do anything that might upset the league.

fixed

he is the league's puppet and I like it that way. He was Tagliabue's grinder monkey, Tagliabue plays a tune and Eugene dances. This is good because since the strike of 87 when the NFL rolled out replacement players, there has not been a hint of a work stoppage. In MLB the players union calls all the shots in the NFL the league office calls them.

kinda bummed cause there was a rumor going around that he was checking out the Cowboys and I think he woulda done ok down there

Back