WGN Chicago reporting Lance Briggs to sign

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
With the Bears....TODAY...expected in camp as well...something about the bears giving him some of his 7.2 million up front as a 'signing' bonus and not giving him the franchise tag next season...also the bears locked up peanut for another 6 years

I know players hate it, but they negotiated (or accepted the inclusion of) the franchise tag in the last cba, yet everytime teams use it for its' intended purposes players *****. Players union needs to step up and tell them to STFU. :D

I know players hate it, but they negotiated (or accepted the inclusion of) the franchise tag in the last cba, yet everytime teams use it for its' intended purposes players *****. Players union needs to step up and tell them to STFU. :D

I really dont understand it in Briggs case. He made $650,000 base sal. last year. The 7.2 Mill tag is a 1000% raise from last year.

They should, but you know Upshaw would never, ever do anything that might upset a player.

its hard to feed the kids on only 7 mil a year though

you know how much insurance is on my Ferrari? How about my house in snottyville, Illinois? Or all my child support? Sh*t, 5 kids, 4 moms, 1 gorilla. All have needs. Damn gorilla needs imported bananas from effin guam! 7 Mil ain't sh*t!!!

They should, but you know Upshaw would never, ever do anything that might upset the league.

fixed

he is the league's puppet and I like it that way. He was Tagliabue's grinder monkey, Tagliabue plays a tune and Eugene dances. This is good because since the strike of 87 when the NFL rolled out replacement players, there has not been a hint of a work stoppage. In MLB the players union calls all the shots in the NFL the league office calls them.

kinda bummed cause there was a rumor going around that he was checking out the Cowboys and I think he woulda done ok down there

Back