Racing User Take: Should Brad K. be penalized for his actions?

racinghy

Bench Warmer
Here are a few snapshots I took from the video, which is also posted here. You can clearly see him giving Kurt Busch the finger, which was aired uncensored on live tv, and then running him to the bottom of the track. In my opinion, that is NOT racing at all! When you deliberately wait for someone to come around the track and then try to wreck him, you should be done for the day. Oh, I forgot to mention the fact that Brad jammed on the brakes at the end of turn 2 and nearly caused a pile up. The term "Rubbin' is racin' " does not apply here. This is just my own opinion, but I would be glad to hear everyone opinion! Congrats though to Busch on the win and Dale Jr. for a top 3 finish.

Didn't get to watch the race... was on Vacation down in the Smokey Mountains, but from what I have seen on the replays... "Autopen" obviously is back to his attitude of "I do nothing wrong and everyone else can't drive".

It is early in the season for NASCAR to be handing out penalties, but it would not surprise me to see K-Ski get hit with a points deduction.

K-Ski's "let me hit my brakes" scenario could have ended up being the cause of the biggest wreck this season. NASCAR doesn't need that, Penske doesn't need that... the fans DO NOT need that.

Just my opinion...

Didn't get to watch the race... was on Vacation down in the Smokey Mountains, but from what I have seen on the replays... "Autopen" obviously is back to his attitude of "I do nothing wrong and everyone else can't drive".

It is early in the season for NASCAR to be handing out penalties, but it would not surprise me to see K-Ski get hit with a points deduction.

K-Ski's "let me hit my brakes" scenario could have ended up being the cause of the biggest wreck this season. NASCAR doesn't need that, Penske doesn't need that... the fans DO NOT need that.

Just my opinion...

Completely agree. If you can't take responsibility of your actions, YOU shouldn't be driving. He expects for everyone else to be at fault and really, that's not how it works and people are starting to catch on. So yes, I think he was at fault here.

They are both idiots, so if they want to wreck each other go for it, as long as it doesn't involve any of the other 41 drivers. Time for Haas, and Penske to step in, and tell their drivers to STFU, and stop wrecking their equipment, and do what you are paid to do, DRIVE! If not, sit them out for a while, then they'll get the message. The pit road incident is just that an incident that happens every now, and then when there is no room to maneuvre in the pits. Some poor tire carrier is gonna lose their life, because these idiots don't want to give an inch. As far as I'm concerned, they are both at fault, just move on, and forget about it. The extra stuff on the track should at least cost autopen some money. Points reduction won't really hurt much, as he finished 38th, and didn't get many points to begin with. Fine him, and move on. Warn them both, and if they continue, park them.

I agree with you all. For Leafs though, he is exactly right. How many have we seen not only crew members, but NASCAR Officials get hit or had to quickly jump out of the way to avoid being hit on pit road? What happened on pit road was purely an accident, but Brad took it way out of proportion with the interview and then his actions on the track. At a local track, that driver[Brad in this case] would have been DQ'ed for the evening, depending on the rules of "rough riding". It will be interesting to see what NASCAR might do, or what Brad might do in the future to Kurt Busch since we know the result of last year's conflict with Hamlin and Logano, and someone got hurt in the end. Another thing I would be interested to see, and I know many others might, is to have NASCAR have like a charity event with the drivers in a Boxing or MMA-style ring and let them use the rule 'Boys have at it' for a few rounds to settle their differences. That would be interesting, but I think boxing would be better, and with the head gear as well, and make them wear their firesuits(promotes their sponsors in a way, although it sounds negative). Well, I guess the stupidity fell out of my mind early today, any thoughts/comments on what I have said? haha

Back