Racing UPDATES: Martin, Vickers, Stewart

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Martin will drive the #14 for 12 races; Dillon for one

Vickers will drive the #55 in 12 of final 13 races; Waltrip to drive at Talladega

Stewart is OUT for the remainder of the 2013 season -- Cup Chase hopes are gone

I kind of figured Mark would be in the 14 car, as when asked yesterday after the race his reply was he was still under contract with MWR, and could not comment about the Stewart car.

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that Stewart-Haas is so willing to employ Senior Citizens...(yeah, I'm a litte over a year older than Martin, but look five years younger!)

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Greg Zipadelli answers the expansion question... sort of...

jayski.com reports an interview with Zippy (excerpt follows):

QUESTION: You talked earlier this season about the challenges of going from a two-car to three-car operation and how that maybe slowed you guys up in performance. What are the lessons you learned and how do you avoid that if you go from a three-car to a four-car organization and not have those same problems?

GREG ZIPADELLI: Well, there's lessons to be learned. We're not to that point yet. Right now we are a three-car. We have made lots of gains throughout the year, but I still think we have room to improve. We're still working on that. Obviously if something were to come, we would look at where we feel like we fell short and try to do a better job at it.

... so no simple YES or NO... maybe Zippy should go into politics!

Back