Football UNC "Accidentally" Posts Julius Peppers Transcript

wheeler281

Bench Warmer
And now might put UNC Football in the cross hairs. His 1.8 GPA made him ineligible

Thank God Julius Peppers can play football. Lord knows what he would do if he had to rely on his brain. You have to try to get a D+ in “black experience” when you’re black. I’m pretty sure Julius Peppers nights consisted of sitting on the computer playing Party Bingo. Thank god for that A in elementary Phys Ed Methods. Without that his 1.8 GPA would be doomed.

julius-peppers-unc-transcript.jpg

On the football field, Julius Peppers was one of the most dominating players to ever wear a UNC uniform, an athlete dubbed a “freak of nature” so skilled that he helped take the university’s men’s basketball team to the Final Four in 2000.

But in the classroom, Peppers was a marginal student with a grade point average so low he was continually at risk of losing the opportunity to play, according to an academic transcript bearing his name. What kept bailing him out were several classes in the Department of African and Afro-American Studies, a relatively young academic unit led by department chair Julius Nyang’oro.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...script-in-unc-probe-may-be.html#storylink=cpy

Funny stuf....lol The 1.8 isn't surprising. The standard for high school players here used to be 1.5 before they were booted but they have recently raised it to 2.0.

I came from a small High School...graduating in 1975...and from 7th grade until 10th grade I ran track. I also wrestled one year. Grade point average HAD to be 2.5 or you didn't get to play the reindeer games. If a high school can ask that of it's athletes, you would think a college would ask the same. 2.5? You do realize that's a C+ / B- depending on the curve.

Back