Hockey UD Series 1 Eberle Canvas Auto hit!

dubya

Bench Warmer
I bought a box of the new series 1 Upper Deck on Friday and in the second pack I opened I pulled a Jordan Eberle UD Canvas auto hard signed and numbered xx/14. I know this is a awesome hit but does anyone know the actual odds of pulling this card? Its a 2012 UD Series 2 card and was said to be inserted into packs of 2013 UD The Cup packs.
I'm going to keep buying box after box in hopes of a 1980' Hockey Hero's Gretzky and a Crosby buyback #/87.....good luck with that...

I'd love to see a scan of this (front + back). I know some of the cards in this set were already printed in anticipation of a series 2 last year, but it got cancelled due to the lockout. They've used some of these cards as inserts in the 13-14 series one release. First auto'd canvas card I've heard of pulled, but it wouldn't surprise me ifc there are other players randomly inserted in this new product. A dual auto's Gretzky/Bossy Painting card was pulled yesterday, and is out of 10. That insert set also has signed /15 copies. Would love to find out about your canvas card, and if there are others. They likely decided rather than waste these have some signed, and inserted into a weak 12-13 Cup product as a bonus, but it's possible Eberle sent his back to late for packout, and they put them into series one. That would be my guess.

Good ideas! I'll see if I can post pics (using a cell phone) mine is # 06/14 I emailed with a guy that pulled the same card on eBay (10/14) and he was asking $1400 and tooka $700 offer. Mine will be on it's way to Beckett soon.

That's awesome. I'm gonna post this on another site for you to see if anyone knows anything about these. That site is pretty much a hockey oriented site. I'll let you know if i learn anything! Congratulations on the pull.

If anyone that reads this post has a 13 series 1 Hertl Young Guns they'd be willing to dump let meknow! II've bought 4 boxes + 8 packs and haven't pulled one yet.

If anyone that reads this post has a 13 series 1 Hertl Young Guns they'd be willing to dump let meknow! II've bought 4 boxes + 8 packs and haven't pulled one yet.

If you want my advice, wait a while before you get his Young Guns card. They are way too high right now, and I doubt very much will ever hold their $30-$40 price tag in the future, especially when SP Authentic, and other products come out. If you are patient, I'll bet you can get 2 for the price of one in a few months from now. No way he's worth more than Toews, Kane, Tavares etc. YG's. I just sold 2 Kessel YG's today for $22 each. He's no where near the talent Kessel is.

True... I already have most of the top rookies, multiples actually, but after that 4 goal game...! The local card shop owner I bought the box of series 1 from has barely heard of eberle and I was offended by what he offered me for "in store value" on the card. If you hear of a 1980's hockey heroes Gretzky or lemieux auto pulled let me know, that's what I'm really trying to pull.

True... I already have most of the top rookies, multiples actually, but after that 4 goal game...! The local card shop owner I bought the box of series 1 from has barely heard of eberle and I was offended by what he offered me for "in store value" on the card. If you hear of a 1980's hockey heroes Gretzky or lemieux auto pulled let me know, that's what I'm really trying to pull.

You'll die of old age, or run out of money trying to pull one of those. Best to watch ebay, and get it off there when they come available. If you aren't attached to the Eberle, try selling it, and use the money towards the ones you want. From what I've heard so far about your card, is there is only one other canvas signed like that and it is Theoryn Fleury, also numbered to 14.

Nice hit, those are on the checklist, but not sure if they come from Hobby or retail boxes, either way, nice pull!
Goodluck pulling the one's you want, like Troy said, better off just buying the card you want, you will spend way more in Boxes! 4 years, 12 months worth of Group Hockey Box Breaks for me and I never pull the Wings hits I want! Lol!

Yeah this card and the Canvas auto Fleury have to be one of the hardest hits in the set. I read they were supposed to be inserted into The Cup so I wonder if they all (all 28) went into Series 1 or they were put into both sets. I know it'll cost 100x more to buy boxes and pull what I want but it's like gambling! Opening packs is so much more fun than just buying a card but if I spend enough and dont get what I want I'll buy it. I'm sure a hockey hero's gretzky will run $1000-$1500 and the Crosby buy back won't be far behind, maybe $500-$600 if I'm lucky.

I'm planning on hanging on to the eberle for now and send it to Beckett but do you guys think I'd get more selling it sooner or hanging onto it for awhile in hopes of a better price??

Back