Baseball Two things MLB and the Commish Need to Address

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
The following must be stopped!

I am so tired of the bad calls by the umpires. i.e., the foul "caught" ball during the Yankees/Indians game Tuesday Night and then throwing out the batter because he asked the umpire to look at the replay (and once again, after the game the umpire acknowledged that he blew the call)...or the game (wish I could remember which one) where the player catches the ball, takes two steps, then dropped the ball and the umpired ruled base hit. Not to mention the stolen bases where the base runner is out by 2 feet and the umpire calls him safe...or in the Detroit game last weekend when Jackson was bunting and pulled the bat back, trying to get out of the way of an inside pitch, gets hit, and the umpire calls it a strike. Let's start handing out fines to the umpires for their "oops"!

...but what really gets my goat this year...

Josh Hamilton. Come on...In the series against Detroit (tonight is the third game) he already has FOUR (4) thrown bats that have gone into the stands. What? FOUR thrown bats? Into the stands? He has over a dozen thrown bats this year (at home). I can see a bat flying from your hands once every few months...but four times in three games? Time for MLB to start handing out fines. Little Leaguers are taught to HOLD ONTO THE BAT! Why can't the guys making a million-plus dollars do the same?

One season Tony Oliva had several thrown bats, and it was due to a hand injury that he had where his grip was weaker, not that he was being intentional about it or anything.

Back