Baseball Topps Chrome Blaster Break MOJO!

Archangel

Bench Warmer
I was in Wally World this evening and though I don't normally do baseball I decided to grab a blaster box of the new Topps Chrome Baseball to see what all the hub-bub was about. The box states 7 packs plus 1 extra pack; 4 cards per pack 32 total cards. Here is where it starts getting interesting...bear with me as I set this up for you guys. While I didn't expect much being a 20.00 retail box I was kind of shocked when I opened it up. Turns out the extra pack was a pack of 4 purple refractors which I'm guessing is a retail exclusive as I didn't see anything about purple refractors on any of the sell sheets for hobby that I've seen online. Ok nothing really special about that. Opened that up and found Billy Butler, Cliff Lee, Jacob Turner & Nick Swisher. Nothing spectacular there unless you collect one of these guys. On to the other seven packs, yawwwwwwnn.................:rolleyes:
So i start opening and my eyes open up! Two refractors, Joey Votto and Aramis Ramirez, and 2 Xfractors Jason Heyward and Wilin Rosario rc. Hmmmm not normal for a Topps Chrome baseball blaster. Now I went on to the next 6 packs and find 4 purple Refractors in each of 6 of the seven packs, not one regular base card. 5 of the purple refractors were rc's. Nothing really impressive though until I open the last pack. In there I find three more purple refractors and this.........
David Ortiz Dynamic Die-Cut Refractor
b3879276.jpg

Oh yeah, almost forgot....one of the rookie cards in the last pack was this ............It's really not all that much but I got a kick out of it. Wait for it............
>
>
>
>
>
?
?
?
?
?
?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
:jumpers:

3dec26ac.jpg

A grand total of 27 Purple refractors and zero base chrome cards. I had heard that there are refractor hot boxes in the hobby version but hadn't heard of anything like this in the retail product.....anyone heard about retail hot boxes????

I saw him pitch the other day against the Jays, and he lost 3-2, but had 10 strikeouts. He started out pretty good this year, but maybe his performances of late are due to the fact the hitters are seeing him for a 2nd 3rd time around, so he'll have to adjust to that if he wants to be a star. I really like the looks of that purple border, and the blues look nice, too. Are the purples just a retail exclusive?

I saw him pitch the other day against the Jays, and he lost 3-2, but had 10 strikeouts. He started out pretty good this year, but maybe his performances of late are due to the fact the hitters are seeing him for a 2nd 3rd time around, so he'll have to adjust to that if he wants to be a star. I really like the looks of that purple border, and the blues look nice, too. Are the purples just a retail exclusive?

Yes they are.....alot of folks that are buying the hobby don't realize the purple and I think the xfractors are retail exclusive....at least that's the way it's been with football and baseball in years past

Yes they are.....alot of folks that are buying the hobby don't realize the purple and I think the xfractors are retail exclusive....at least that's the way it's been with football and baseball in years past

I saw the blasters at Walmart tonight, which is odd because we mostly just get hockey up here north of Toronto. I wish they started carrying racing again like they did several years ago. I have no place here to buy racing products anymore.

thats for sure your moneys worth for 20 bucks,buying from wal-mart really never pays off for me.that was sweet ortiz and darvish.

Back