Thoughts on a set to do for 2009?

seahawks4ever

Bench Warmer
SO each year I do some kind of chase set. Even though I'm not buying as many boxes now I still would like to put something together. The set doesn't have to be an auto set or anything but it's gotta be feasible. These are what I've done in the past:

2005: Topps Chrome set with RC's
2006: Topps Heritage set with rookie jerseys
2007: Topps DPP Class Marks autos and base set with rookies
2008: Topps Mayo base set, mini black back set (missing one) and jerseys (missing lots)

so, after seeing a bunch of products, what are your opinions for a set?

So there are 29 cards right? Hmmmm....definately attainable. Just found the checklist and yeah there are some guys on there I would not have thought would have an auto. I think there were two autos that could be tough to attain (Peterson, Manning) and the design is nice...

Usually I try to build a set that has rookies in it too but hey, only 29 cards? It would be a nice supplemental set to build. :)

Any other ideas?

No Peterson seen ever though. Loads of Mannings.One Brandon Marshall redemption - no more ever seen.

As for other sets I've not busted much so haven't got many other ideas I'm afraid. As you seem to always do Topps what about the Magic mini set?

Last edited by a moderator:
No Peterson seen ever though. Loads of Mannings.One Brandon Marshall redemption - no more ever seen

See that scares me. I cannot stand it when I think there are...oh for example...100 cards in the auto set and you get 99 in hand with one redeeming...and then that person (hypothetically) decides not to sign and quit football only to realize they need money and then sign the damn cards a year after the DLP rep told me to pretend the card doesn't exist and that my 99 card set is complete.

You know...hypothetically speaking...

Cedric Houston <----- :shooting: <----Me

True, that happened to me with Mendenhall and Merling SPA last year!

I wanted to **** someone after dropping some serious coin on scrubs like Maurice Clarett, Mike Williams, and Andrew Walter just because they were shortprints just to learn that Houston was a bastard.

Still bitter about it I see...thought I was over it.:doh:

Back