this should be fun to watch

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
eBay Item: 181411519512

Ronda Rousey 1/1 auto...

less than 2 hours in, already has a $500 bid, but the card has a reserve on it...

if there is one thing ive learned in my almost 12 years on eBay, setting reserves on items is a bad idea, better to give them the start price you have the reserve at, especially since it is way more expensive to list with a reserve than with a high start

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy $500 at only being active for 2 hours? Some stuff doesn't start showing on the searches until sometime the next day in. OH sheesh he started it at $500 no wonder. If his reserve is anywhere close to his BIN of $2,450.50 then he needs a bunch more bids if its going to sell.

I agree about the reserve. I don't bid on stuff if I see a reserve. Most folks just don't get the idea of it and have too large a gap between the starting bid and reserve price. Heck you SHOULD list with an opening bid that is the absolute lowest you are willing to accept something at. Most people don't do that either and then complain that they had to sell a card for 99cents that they wanted to get at least $10 for. Ebay is not like it was back in the early days that people reminisce about when you list almost anything with an opening bid of 99cents with any price for shipping and have a bidding war and your item would sell for a minimum of $20 even if it was something like the dried out crumbled remains of a rubber band from the 1950s.

I was looking at some stuff I once had and wow...

2002 Topps Chrome Black Ed Reed went for $150, I had at least 2 of those, the regular Ed Reed selling for $29.99, I had at least 15 of those, Montana Ring of Honor Refractors doing $36, may have gotten $15 for mine, but Terry Bradshaw Black Refractors went for $32, I got $75 each out of mine...

one of my best, and earliest flips, a near master set of 2002 Topps Chrome football, spent $1500, sold at least $5000 out of it...I remember a guy contacting me about some of the Black Refractor rookies, ended up doing an in person deal at my grandmas where he bought 6 for $350...yeah the good ole days...

couldn't even begin to explain how many auto/jersey lots that I was selling for $1.75-$3 a card, if I could do that now, wowzers, id lot up like 2500 right now, because of the 4000 or whatever I have, maybe 1500 I could get more than $3 for on a good day

Back