Thinking of investing in some hobby related items, need opinions.

hoosierdaddy

Bench Warmer
What do you guys see gaining the most value as a whole, in 10-15-20 years?

Couple of things I've been thinking about:

-Official Card Auto's of older Hofer's
-Signed Pictures + Memorabilia of older Hofer's
-Pre 1970 sets?
-Mint rookie cards of Hofer's

Was also thinking of picking up some Ali auto's. When he inevitably passes, I think the value of his autograph will spike.

Looking to spend around 1,000-2,000 on a couple things I can put away for awhile and see what happens.

Opinions?

Yes High grade rc's Or Nice Auto's of Hof's Sets before 70's is nice but hard to get in great cond. Might be better to go after key players or select key cards from those sets. That could include stuff thats into the 90's

High grade rc's of football HOFers have been seeing decent gains lately, and barring some sort of blowup, as the NFL continues to be America's sport, those will continue to increase.

autos are a dime a dozen. Seriously especially in 8x10s. Do not waste your time. Only autoed HOF stuff that holds any value is stuff like Payton, Unitas, Nitschke because they died before the boom. Very rarely goes up. Cuts are almost all garbage. Key card rookie cards graded consistently go up in value. High to mid grade especially 1960s and earlier. Bob Lilly in a PSA 7 has made about a $70 jump in the last 3 months alone. 2001-2005 Topps Chrome key rookies do great. (Brees, Tomlinson, Rodgers, Rivers, Big Ben, Ed Reed all have been selling well and could have been had cheap in the last couple of years). Early SP Authentic holds its value as well. 1997-2000. Also 2004 SPA Rookies are good. If you do not get it graded by PSA you will not see a solid return though for cash. The Registry drives prices on all Football key rookie cards.

I think i can find some in person Ali stuff from a friend. I know is legit i can see how much he wants if he still has stuff.

take out about $615.00 and buy a 1998 Sp Authentic Peyton Manning PSA 9.

Is 615 the average that they go for? Or do you know somewhere were there is one at this price?

I searched completed listings and one went for 688 I think, and a bgs 9 went for a little under 600.

Is 615 the average that they go for? Or do you know somewhere were there is one at this price?

I searched completed listings and one went for 688 I think, and a bgs 9 went for a little under 600.

be patient wait for an auction, you can grab one from 615-650. Do not buy a Beckett one, chance it is trimmed and worthless.