The Biggest Surprise Cut by the NFL on Saturday (August 31)

I can't believe this guy was cut!

• Tim Tebow (Patriots)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Jonathan Dwyer (Steelers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimy Clausen (Panthers)

• Vince Young (Packers)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • David Carr (Giants)

• Brady Quinn (Seahawks)

• Matt Leinhart (Bills)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Joe McKnight (Jets)

• Greg McElroy (Jets)

• Donte' Stallworth (Redskins)

• Total voters

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
On Saturday, August 31, the NFL made all teams cut it's rosters down to 53 players.

Which player in this poll is the biggest surprise cut?

NOTE: I included Greg McElroy (Jets), but really? This wasn't much of a surprise. When the Seahawks let Brady Quinn go, the Jets let McElroy go and the signature on his walking papers wasn't even dry when the Jets grabbed up Quinn! Not happy he's a Jet, but glad he's still playing (even if it is for a losing team).

The Packers cutting Young means they'll only have B.J. Coleman as a back-up QB, making Rodgers an even more tempting target. Expect some nasty hits on him, as the penalties may be acceptable to some teams ...since the reward may be a win.

Bad move by the Packers, as they'll probably need to find another QB sometime in the next month or two, IMO.

The Packers cutting Young means they'll only have B.J. Coleman as a back-up QB, making Rodgers an even more tempting target. Expect some nasty hits on him, as the penalties may be acceptable to some teams ...since the reward may be a win.

Bad move by the Packers, as they'll probably need to find another QB sometime in the next month or two, IMO.
And now Coleman's gone too! Two new dudes. We'll see what Sunday brings. Of course, #12 will be shining bright ,as usual!

They got a couple new guys after Young and Coleman--anxious for Sunday which, incidentally is my husbands birthday as well as opening day for the Pack!

Last edited by a moderator:
They cut Coleman too? Sheesh! Please tell me they have a back-up, ANY back-up, to Rodgers!

I'll have to look at GB's site...

....Seneca Wallace?

I don't know enough about him to have an opinion. I'm just glad to hear Rodgers has SOMEone to back him up lol

The problem is, does he know the ins-and-out of the plays? I doubt it, meaning he's got a ton of homework to even be a half-decent back-up. He's a vet though, so maybe he'll "wing-it".

A last-minute change of this importance to the 53-man roster is not normal in Green Bay, but McCarthy chalked it up to the annual process of evaluating all the players in training camp and building the best possible roster.

Source: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...n-backup/b1ac4f8d-f69a-4862-9167-ab2e9b06bb96

Last edited:
They cut Coleman too? Sheesh! Please tell me they have a back-up, ANY back-up, to Rodgers!

I'll have to look at GB's site...

....Seneca Wallace?

I don't know enough about him to have an opinion. I'm just glad to here Rodgers has SOMEone to back him up lol

The problem is, does he know the ins-and-out of the plays? I doubt it, meaning he's got a ton of homework to even be a half-decent back-up. He's a vet though, so maybe he'll "wing-it".

Source: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...n-backup/b1ac4f8d-f69a-4862-9167-ab2e9b06bb96

Seneca Wallace is actually pretty good, he has plenty of NFL experience and is a scrambling quarterback. Id definitely be confident with him being my backup.

I was more surprised the Steelers cut Jonathan Dwyer. He actually looked like a viable NFL RB at times to me, especially with this being a position of weakness for the team.

I still can't believe Tim Tebow didn't play this year. He was one of the best QBs in college. He took over for the Broncos a couple years ago in the second half and he was the reason they even got into the playoffs. He would've done a lot better than Peyton Manning did in the Superbowl that's for sure!

If I were the Lions I'd sign Tim Tebow to a contract. I can't stand Matthew Stafford. He's wasting all the talent Detroit has right now. We have the best WR in the league and he barely even throws him the ball. If we had Tebow, Johnson, and Bush I think we could make it all the way to the playoffs. It would be a long time in the making for us Lions fans!

Many teams in the NFL need Tebow. Browns, Vikings, Raiders.... their QB's are sub par and Tebow was only cut because of Manning. I was actually really surprised that no one signed him.

I think Tebow needs to play a few years in the European league or something just to get his "groove". Many quarterbacks have done that then returned to the NFL with great success. I think he has a lot of talent, he just needs to get in his rhythm.

Back