Tarik Glenn retires

This "rumor" has been floating around for a few days. I say rumor, because he hasnt filed any paper work yet. Im pretty sure the Colts have known about this for some time, since they traded up to take T Tony Ugoh in the second round this year.
Glenn has never liked training camp, and it wouldnt suprise me if he holds out during camp, and reports later. He has been Peyton Manning blindside protector since day 1 in the NFL. This would be a huge loss if he doesnt change his mind. This is the final year of his contract, I say finish it out, and then reitire if you would like. hes only 31 y/o for christ sakes.

Heard rumor he was leveraging for one more substantial payday.

That is funny because an article earlier this summer that he doesn't really care about making a lot of money. He knew he could cash in if he wants to, but doesn't really want to make a big deal about it. But odd that this comes in the heals of Freeney's monster deal. So the power play could very well be what is happening.

One of the most overrated OLinemen. I watch the Colts a lot and the guy gets called for holding a laughable amount of times.

One of the most overrated OLinemen. I watch the Colts a lot and the guy gets called for holding a laughable amount of times.

Are you high? He had 3 holding call all of last year. That is not alot. If anything, Glenn is under rated.
Tarik Glenn: 3 Sacks (7 False Start, 3 Holding)

Are you high? He had 3 holding call all of last year. That is not alot. If anything, Glenn is under rated.
Tarik Glenn: 3 Sacks (7 False Start, 3 Holding)

I have a hard time believing that. I can remember games where he had penalties on consecutive downs.

I have a hard time believing that. I can remember games where he had penalties on consecutive downs.

25. Robert Gallery (10 GP): 10.5 Sacks (4 False Start, 3 Holding) ASA: 13.5
24. Walter Jones: 10.5 Sacks (2 False Start, 2 Holding) ASA: 12.5
23. Jeff Backus: 9.5 Sacks (8 False Start, 3 Holding) ASA: 12.5
22. Wayne Gandy: 9 Sacks (2 False Start, 3 Holding) ASA: 12
21. D'Brickshaw Ferguson: 10 Sacks (1 False Start, 1 Holding) ASA: 11
20. Marvel Smith: 10 Sacks (1 False Start, 1 Holding) ASA: 11
19. Bryant McKinney: 7 Sacks (1 False Start, 4 Holding) ASA: 11
18. Leonard Davis: 8 Sacks (9 False Start, 2 Holding) ASA: 10
17. Flozell Adams: 7.5 Sacks (5 False Start, 1 Holding) ASA: 8.5
16. Matt Light: 7.5 Sacks (5 False Start, 1 Holding) ASA: 8.5
15. Andrew Whitworth: 5.5 Sacks (3 False Start, 3 Holding) ASA: 8.5
14. Kevin Shaffer: 3.5 Sacks (2 False Start, 5 Holding) ASA: 8.5
13. Ephraim Salaam (15 GP): 7.5 Sacks (4 False Start, 0 Holding) ASA: 7.5
12. Khalif Barnes: 4.75 Sacks (1 False Start, 3 Holding) ASA: 7.5
11. Anthony Davis: 7 Sacks (4 False Start, 0 Holding) ASA: 7
10. Damion McIntosh: 5.5 Sacks (3 False Start, 1 Holding) ASA: 6.5
9. Chad Clifton: 4.5 Sacks (2 False Start, 2 Holding) ASA: 6.5
--. Eric Pears (10 GS): 6 Sacks (4 False Start, 0 Holding) ASA: 6
8. John Tait (14 GS): 4 Sacks (1 False Start, 2 Holding) ASA: 6
7. Tarik Glenn: 3 Sacks (7 False Start, 3 Holding) ASA: 6
6. Jammal Brown: 3 Sacks (2 False Start, 3 Holding) ASA: 6
5. Marcus McNeill: 5 Sacks (5 False Start, 0 Holding) ASA: 5
4. Chris Samuels: 4 Sacks (3 False Start, 1 Holding) ASA: 5
--. Luke Petigout (8 GS): 4.5 Sacks (3 False Start, 0 Holding) ASA: 4.5
--. Orlando Pace (8 GS): 4.5 Sacks (2 False Start, 0 Holding) ASA: 4.5
3. Tra "William" Thomas: 3.25 Sacks (3 False Start, 1 Holding) ASA: 4.25
2. Michael Roos: 3 Sacks (4 False Start, 1 Holding) ASA: 4
--. Jonas Jennings (13 GP): 1 Sack (0 False Start, 3 Holding) ASA: 4
1. Jonathan Ogden: 3.5 Sacks (1 False Start, 0 Holding) ASA: 3.5

Source: STATS LLC

He SHOULD have had probably 700 holdings called, but Polian got a new rule inforced called the "The refs aren't allowed to call holding on the Colts O-line" rule.

QUOTE=wdkantro2;32322]He SHOULD have had probably 700 holdings called, but Polian got a new rule inforced called the "The refs aren't allowed to call holding on the Colts O-line" rule.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Will,Will,Will.;)

two words for ya Will,,,Tuck Rule.

QUOTE=wdkantro2;32322]He SHOULD have had probably 700 holdings called, but Polian got a new rule inforced called the "The refs aren't allowed to call holding on the Colts O-line" rule.

two words for ya Will,,,Tuck Rule.[/QUOTE]

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Correct interpretation of a terrible rule.

:roll::roll:

two words for ya Will,,,Tuck Rule.

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

Correct interpretation of a terrible rule.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Ya, and the "Leaping call Indy got against Tampa Bay in 2003 was also the right call.;)

He SHOULD have had probably 700 holdings called, but Polian got a new rule inforced called the "The refs aren't allowed to call holding on the Colts O-line" rule.

Hmmm...someone must be forgetting the felony Pats DB's committed on the Indy WR's in the AFC Championship game in 04?

Hmmm...someone must be forgetting the felony Pats DB's committed on the Indy WR's in the AFC Championship game in 04?

It was a physical game where the Pats definitely held, but I'm sure the Colts did their fare share as well. I'm glad the Pats don't have to go to the rules committee to get a call enforced that hurt them.
Long story short, both teams commit/have committed penalties that they've gotten away with, so there's no use getting in an argument with 2 guys that, despite being Colts fans, are pretty good dudes ;)

Back