Football Still no Solid Evidence linking Vick

rynesandbergfan23

Bench Warmer
Associated Press

CHESAPEAKE, Va. -- The prosecutor investigating whether property owned by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was part of a dog fighting operation said Wednesday he still doesn't have solid evidence linking Vick to dog fighting.

"I know everybody is saying, 'When are those fools in Surry County going to get up off their butts and do something?"' Poindexter told The Virginian-Pilot of Norfolk on Wednesday. "But what are we going to do?"

Poindexter said there are no eyewitnesses who say they saw dog fighting at the home where 66 dogs were seized along with equipment that could be associated with dog fighting. The discoveries were made during a **** raid at the home on April 25.

The dogs are being held in kennels in four counties, the newspaper reported, and Poindexter said they will be held until the investigation has been completed.

What happens to them after that isn't up to Poindexter, he said.

Historically, dogs seized and found to have been part of a dog fighting operation are euthanized because their level of aggression makes them unfit pets and neighbors, according to John Goodwin, a spokesman for the Humane Society of the United States.

"It's simply not fair to someone who has a black lab or a Yorkie to have a fighting dog next door, because if that dog gets loose, he's going to ... **** that person's pet," Goodwin said, making it clear he was speaking in generic terms only.

He did not have specific information about the dogs taken from Vick's home.

Poindexter, who did not return a phone message left by The Associated Press at his office Wednesday, said he is proceeding very carefully with this case. He had another dog fighting case a few years back and lost it because of an illegal search.

Police also found items associated with dog fighting, including treadmills and a "pry bar" used to pry apart a dog's jaws. Poindexter has said they also found a bloodied carpet and blood splatters on the floor in a room over the garage.

Vick agreed to a sale price with a buyer on the first day he put the house up for sale, but it is unclear if the sale has been finalized.

Vick, a native of Newport News who starred at Virginia Tech, is a registered dog breeder. He said he let a cousin, Davon Boddie, live at the house, and that he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Hopefully the NFL will cut their losses and cut ties with Vick. That's just my opinion, but the guy is nothing but trouble.

Besides, I'd take a QB with a higher passing rating over a QB that runs anyday. So he can run....whoopie...that's what RB's are for.

coltstopps said:
If it were you or I, the investigation would be over and we would be in severe trouble.

Agreed.

Wasn't he the same guy with the water bottle with the hidden compartment?

lol Yea, if that was me I'd me in prison. Vick gets a "Sorry Mr. Vick but you can't have that on the plane".

What a joke.

3000HitClubCollector said:
Agreed.

Wasn't he the same guy with the water bottle with the hidden compartment?

lol Yea, if that was me I'd me in prison. Vick gets a "Sorry Mr. Vick but you can't have that on the plane".

What a joke.

The compartment was for hidding jewlery and nothing else

3000HitClubCollector said:
I want to know what kinds of jewlery leaves behind a residue...lol

LOL, just like this cover up - they didnt have enough to go on - the test were inconclusive. LMAO!

Lock this punk up and throw away the key and set an example instead of setting the example its ok to be a thug if you make the city, the league, and others lots of money. Its a DARN JOKE!

coltstopps said:
LOL, just like this cover up - they didnt have enough to go on - the test were inconclusive. LMAO!

Lock this punk up and throw away the key and set an example instead of setting the example its ok to be a thug if you make the city, the league, and others lots of money. Its a DARN JOKE!

I couldn't agree more. :cool:

We'll see. Most pro athletes get away with ******...well, except for Rae Rae :rolleyes:

But Vick certainly deserves some jail time.

Back