Sterling bsb Box

Krusin

retired hippie
Forgot to post this over the weekend. I bought a box of Sterling Sat. & for a few minutes I had dreams of pulling a once in a lifetime Cut. After Opening the outter box the inner box revealed it was a Mickey Mantle box. I had thoughts of listing it on E-Bay & not openning the inner seal but you know me I couldn't wait to crack it open.

Below was my Hit, not the cut I'd hoped for but a nice MM game used. A guy before me busted a box & his was Marris, he got a GU also.

.705 was his batting %age in 1956.
MM705Sterl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Um yeah thats pretty sweet... I'm wanting just someday to have the Mantle, Griffey Jr, and the Mantle Griffey Jr. autos. That would just be a never leaving my hands pc set.

Singles (1) + doubles (2) + triples (3) + HRs (4) / # of at bats

Tony Gwynn technically holds the record for highest batting average in a season with .394 but it was the year of the strike, so it was a shortened season. (P.S. I have an Auto'd Gwynn baseball with the inscription .394 '94) That's how I know that tidbit.

Awesome pull by the way!

Tony Gwynn technically holds the record for highest batting average in a season with .394 but it was the year of the strike, so it was a shortened season. (P.S. I have an Auto'd Gwynn baseball with the inscription .394 '94) That's how I know that tidbit.

Awesome pull by the way!

So does Ted Williams batting .400 not count for anything ;)

Quite a few players have gone over .400 but hasn't been done since Williams did in the early 40's.

Back