SILVER PROOF BILL COWHER AUTO FROM PLAYOFF.

Hey Uncle Ted..lol.....Where did you get that Fred Bear signed check. That is one cool item. Is it authenticated?...nice stuff.

OilMan said:
Hey Uncle Ted..lol.....Where did you get that Fred Bear signed check. That is one cool item. Is it authenticated?...nice stuff.

My Brother-In-Law's basement. Found an old cloth bank bag full of old checks down there in one of the rafters while he was moving out (love checking old houses out like that). Well, after going through them I found one written to Fred Bear. After speaking with one of the elder family members that originally built the house, it seems the builder/owner was a contractor. Fred migrated from Penn. to Mich. and did odd jobs along the way for money of course. He taught this contractor how to bend wood without it splitting or breaking. They say there should have been more, but I never found them.
That's cool though because my wife's niece now lives in the house, so I can keep looking. I need to send it in to PSA, it's in pencil too, I couldn't believe pencil would last. But I guess as long as it's not disturbed or handled alot it will. Thanks for looking!

Uncle Ted said:
My Brother-In-Law's basement. Found an old cloth bank bag full of old checks down there in one of the rafters while he was moving out (love checking old houses out like that). Well, after going through them I found one written to Fred Bear. After speaking with one of the elder family members that originally built the house, it seems the builder/owner was a contractor. Fred migrated from Penn. to Mich. and did odd jobs along the way for money of course. He taught this contractor how to bend wood without it splitting or breaking. They say there should have been more, but I never found them.
That's cool though because my wife's niece now lives in the house, so I can keep looking. I need to send it in to PSA, it's in pencil too, I couldn't believe pencil would last. But I guess as long as it's not disturbed or handled alot it will. Thanks for looking!
Sorry for the off topic conversation...but
Awesome item and cool story. I hope you find more checks. Fred Bear is a legend and an icon to all who hunt. Sounds kind of creepy, but the spirit of Fred may still linger in the basement of that house. Just think, you could speak with Fred Bear...lol...As Ted says "In the wind..I still hear..Fred Bear". :party3:

I know Ted personally/semi personally, and he wants to obtain it, but cheap-*** Ted won't give what I want! Like he doesn't have the funds, right?

Back