Should I sell?

andy

Collector Planet Original
Transactions: 2
I have basically quit buying cards, and don't even have most of them with me. Obviously a lot of them have a special place in my heart and I'll never get rid of, mainly because I got it from one of you guys and it was an incredible gesture. BUT....I have a lot of crap. Stuff that takes up a lot of room. I'm thinking of narrowing my collection and selling the rest off. Not sure now is the best time, but I just don't know what to do.

My best guesses on inventory:

2-3 Monster boxes of non-PC inserts and rookies
3 "Shoebox" style boxes of non-PC GU & Auto
4 Monster boxes of PC (need to trim down)
10+ boxes of various sizes of base
1 monster of vintage
1 graded box of graded
1 graded box of Exquisites

I should probably just set up at a show?

Also, just FYI, my never going anywhere collection is: Weathersby, Schweigert, Pollard, Ken Anderson, Purdue Graded, maybe Chad Ocho Cinco Autos.

You would probably be best off value wise if you set up at a few shows. It may be slow purging and not worth your time though. You could do some eBay lots, list on Sportslots or COMC with rookies, parallels and inserts. Otherwise you could hope for a bulk buyer who would grab the lot at a reduced rate. Good luck no matter what.

I narrowed down my collection last year to just one box. I mainly got rid of everything in big lot's on ebay. I of course, lost plenty of money, but I still made a decent amount...big lot's get serious dough if you scan them the right way :cheers:

I'd sell. I'm thinking about just selling off what I have. I don't buy much anymore. I like to get a box of Allen Ginter every once in a while, but other than that. Not much.

you should make a list of the exq you have, i think i have 5 taylor stubbles i could move to get some other guys, get your pc fluffed up and get rid of some stuff you dont really like

Back