Shaun Alexander is so disrespected

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
Started in college....no one gave him respect outside the Alabama fan base. Even one of the coaches, Ivy Williams, did what he could to leave Shaun Alexander off the field. Even after his 291 yard performance against LSU, Shaun was mostly on the bench the next week. He was amazing his senior season until he sprained his ankle, but even before that, he was not getting the love around the country he deserved.

Now he's in the pros........coming up on his second season removed from his MVP performance. No one seems to be giving him any love at all. Nevermind the remarkable streak of 15+ TDs in a season (five years for those who are counting) or his 28 TDs in 2005. He is obviously soft :roll: He has always had the same running style, slow and patient....but making it look easy. That mistakingly gets translated to "soft." He's a hard working, classy guy. And now he's the most disrespected (not underrated, disrespected) man of the NFL. It will be a great pleasure watching him return to his previous form (the game against the Bears in the playoffs was a sneak peak at this upcoming season).

he plays for the love of the game, and his teammates know what he is about :salut: Shaun just isn't sexy, that is his lack of appeal issue

I think he is overrated. They have a great line. I'm not sold on his toughness - he seems to go OB rather than fight for extra yards. Great player but IMO not a Top 5 RB. I compare him to Emmitt in that both of their stats are inflated because of the O-line.

I think he is overrated. They have a great line. I'm not sold on his toughness - he seems to go OB rather than fight for extra yards. Great player but IMO not a Top 5 RB.

I wouldnt fit Emmitt into this, but there are games that SA does not run tough as needed. He is below average as a blocker and as a receiver out of the backfield. He does have great vision and has a nose for the endzone for sure. I think he is rated about right considering he has had an all-world OLine until last years rash of injuries.

Bama, are you trying to get Seahawks4Ever riled up again?? ;)

You know I agree with you, but I guess we are in the minority. Yeah, he's so soft, all he does is score touchdowns. What a slacker :roll:

I'm sure everyone (that matters) would like to see him block a little better, maybe run a little harder, but that's his style.

ps. Kennyboy, I love that vid! You will also note that jackhole Stevens is NOT a Seahawk any longer.

I personally think he is overrated, not underrated. It's nothing personal against him or either team he has played for, but he just doesn't do it for me. I'm a person who always says that stats don't tell the whole story. I usually just identify a good/great player by watching him play rather than looking at the stats for that very reason.

I personally think he is overrated, not underrated. It's nothing personal against him or either team he has played for, but he just doesn't do it for me. I'm a person who always says that stats don't tell the whole story. I usually just identify a good/great player by watching him play rather than looking at the stats for that very reason.

I concur.

Shaun don't like taking hits out side the redzone and I hate that but when the O hits the redzone there is no one better at getting the ball in the endzone other than L.T. I think in between the 20's is what people judge him on.

Shaun don't like taking hits out side the redzone and I hate that but when the O hits the redzone there is no one better at getting the ball in the endzone other than L.T. I think in between the 20's is what people judge him on.

because of course everyone loves a guy who gives less of an effort getting there. To me, thats like the buddy who tells you he will help you move, sits on his can during the heavy lifting, brings the pillows off the truck and once the job is done, asks for a pat on the back for being such a great help.

Back