Sad news for WWE fans today

I never got the whole wrestling thing, but...

Everything I have read is pionting to a murder suicide. What's with all the kind words for a guy who kills his wife and 7 year-old child?

And if those "best wishes" were made before all the info was out, are the early posters going to edit their posts? I just find it absurd that b/c this guy was an entertainer with a following, people seem to be overlooking the obvious.

I am just puzzlws by the reaction. Someone enlighten me.

Micah

Everything I have read is pionting to a murder suicide. What's with all the kind words for a guy who kills his wife and 7 year-old child?

And if those "best wishes" were made before all the info was out, are the early posters going to edit their posts? I just find it absurd that b/c this guy was an entertainer with a following, people seem to be overlooking the obvious.

Micah
Interesting thought. I think part of it is the fact that Benoit was such a hard-nosed, technically sound wrestler that he commanded respect from the wresting fan-dom. He never really did anything wrong during his career that I know of...and he worked so hard day in and day out everyone respected his work. So it is probably hard to believe someone like him could do something like this. I think that brings out thoughts of people feeling sorry for him because he must of been fighting some serious demons if the murder/suicide thing is true. But that doesn't excuse what he potentially did.

Death is always tragic, no matter the circumstances. Have to wonder what made him snap like that, don't be surprised if you get a lot more talk about the effects of steroids in entertainment as a potntial trigger, who knows. Read on the yahoo site he has two kids from a prior relationship, I assume they were not in the house.

Reading articles this morning they are saying murder suicide.

I dont know what to think about that info, Benoit has always been one of my favs and if this is true I lose all the respect I ever had for him. One thing to take your own life but a kid and a wife come on. And yea to Micah the remarks earlier in this post where made before all of the info was leaked out.

JM

Reading articles this morning they are saying murder suicide.

I dont know what to think about that info, Benoit has always been one of my favs and if this is true I lose all the respect I ever had for him. One thing to take your own life but a kid and a wife come on. And yea to Micah the remarks earlier in this post where made before all of the info was leaked out.

JM
i think most people hadnt heard the murder/suicide aspect of the story yet and i had even heard it and just didnt jump to think he was the murderer
it was always possible it was his wife or possibly someone else but it doesnt seem that way now

I'm no hardcore wrestling fan, not even a casual one. I met the guy once and he seemed very down to earth and nice. He's from my hometown and went to high school with one of my best friends. What he accomplished as a entertainer and athlete will of course be diminished by his final actions.

Like Brett said, he must have had some serious demons that got the better of him and took the lives of people that did not deserve this fate. There can be no reason justifying what he has done. And I agree, this event will for sure play a role in spotlighting the effects of steroids on the human psyche. I think the "roid rage" concept is not simply a theory, it is a proven side effect of the substances.

I feel terrible for the lives lost (even his) and all of those that will be affected by this. It is truly a tragedy. And it will sicken me to see the wrestling public utilize the publicity of this as a marketing gimmick as you know they will.

i dont think roid rage played into this, the steroids do contribute to mood swings but this was no fit of rage
he killed his wife saturday, son sunday then himself on monday while never leaving the house with the bodies in it
i think this was him completely losing it and going completely insane

the latest is he tied and bound his wife then strangled her to deathon saturday, Suficated his 7 year old son on Sunday, and then hung himself early monday morning with a pully system from one of his weight machines. I am in shock by all this he was one of my favorite wrestlers and I just can not believe someone this well respected could just snap this way and do such a sick and twisted thing. The media is being stupid about this though saying it was roid rage like roid rage last almost 72 hours.

the latest is he tied and bound his wife then strangled her to deathon saturday, Suficated his 7 year old son on Sunday, and then hung himself early monday morning

So what was his kid doing between Saturday and Sunday?

Also, not trying to start anything, but rot in hell Mr. Benoit. After what you did to your wife and child, it would be well deserved.

Micah

Again, I totally agree. What the heck was WWE thinking running a tribute show lastnight for a child murder?

Back