Football QB Manning, Colts Rout Saints 41-10

snick103

Bench Warmer
Addai looked great as well :D Saints were the # 1 offense and couldnt score a Off TD ...Wow Colts Def may be better than all predicted

QB Manning, Colts Rout Saints 41-10

Michael Marot, Associated Press, via lowellsun.com - [Full Article]

In Thursday night's NFL season opener, the defending Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts and QB Peyton Manning wasted no time getting off to a good start by defeating the New Orleans Saints 41-10 at the RCA Dome. Manning finished 18-of-30 for 288 yards with three touchdowns, and RB Joseph Addai carried 23 times for 118 yards and a TD. Pro Bowl receivers Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison combined for 11 catches, 198 yards and three TDs. Saints QB Drew Brees was 28-of-41 for 192 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions. Brees also lost one fumble.

Just waking up from very long day of drinking, partying, concerts and a major behind whooping! What a game - domination - to all those who said the Colts had no D - BLAH!

Only down side of the game was the 7 pts our O gave them on the Wayne fumble - it should have been 41-3 or heck if we had scored that drive 48-3!

The next game will be very telling - what do we do in Tennessee - if the D continues to swarm and the O continues to click - were off on a great defense of our bowl win!

Go COLTS!

PS Addai sure scared us all - he had the wind knocked out of him on the first play from scrimmage, he was down for a few minutes at least - the crowd was and the team were biting their nails. Kenton Keith came in and was handed the ball and went for 7-8 yards on his first carry. That guy is going to be a great 2nd back! Addai of course came back in and had a heck of a game!

Awesome I was at the concerts as well downtown circle front row with Hinder, Kelly Clarkston, and Faith Hill (boy is she hot) It was totally crazy last night I agree...people everywhere, you would have thought it was the Superbowl lol

coltstopps said:
Just waking up from very long day of drinking, partying, concerts and a major behind whooping! What a game - domination - to all those who said the Colts had no D - BLAH!

Only down side of the game was the 7 pts our O gave them on the Wayne fumble - it should have been 41-3 or heck if we had scored that drive 48-3!

The next game will be very telling - what do we do in Tennessee - if the D continues to swarm and the O continues to click - were off on a great defense of our bowl win!

Go COLTS!

PS Addai sure scared us all - he had the wind knocked out of him on the first play from scrimmage, he was down for a few minutes at least - the crowd was and the team were biting their nails. Kenton Keith came in and was handed the ball and went for 7-8 yards on his first carry. That guy is going to be a great 2nd back! Addai of course came back in and had a heck of a game!

Oh yah, I guess everyone in Indy wanted a free concert - LOL - we were way back as we had spent most of the afternoon in Champs then headed over to the concert at about 4:00 - we ended up standing right in the intersection of Meridian and Washington.

We watched Hinder until about 540 or so then headed over to the dome. Would have rather seen clarkson or hill, but had to get into the dome baby!

I was at the game! Man I loved it I was sitting pretty high up on the colts sideline almost perfectly on the 50! We got to Indy with like 5 hours before the game and me and my friend saw Reggie Bush get on the saints bus from the hotel. We walked around downtown saw clarkson although I'm not into that type of music and we went and got seated about an hour and ahalf before the game. It looks like Bethea went to Bob Sanders school of hard hitting over the summer!

Good job Colts, now the Saints have a lesser chance of giving the Bears a threat in the conference championship :p (I know, looooong season ahead). The only thing that I didn't like was reggie wayne with 2 TD catches because I face him in fantasy this week LOL.

LOL yeah Sanders said he thinks Bethea hits harder than him :eek:

lafastbreak said:
I was at the game! Man I loved it I was sitting pretty high up on the colts sideline almost perfectly on the 50! We got to Indy with like 5 hours before the game and me and my friend saw Reggie Bush get on the saints bus from the hotel. We walked around downtown saw clarkson although I'm not into that type of music and we went and got seated about an hour and ahalf before the game. It looks like Bethea went to Bob Sanders school of hard hitting over the summer!

I have to say I am NOT a Manning fan...BUT man he totaling DISECTED every aspect of the Saints defense in that game....he's a BEAT!

Back