Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ef Baseball!

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Poopy Pants

Bench Warmer
Is it possible to prospect in football? On another board, some baseball collectors claim that you cannot prospect in football because they are already in the NFL. According to them, prospecting just started in football in 2009 because of the Razor Army set. So what do you think?

I'm pretty sure buying cards with hopes they go up in value = prospecting

Isn't the definition of prospecting "buying crap with hopes that it goes up in value to make money"...?

I'm pretty sure buying cards with hopes they go up in value = prospecting

Isn't the definition of prospecting "buying crap with hopes that it goes up in value to make money"...?

The exact definition is "something expected; a possibility." I gave them that definition and asked if I bought a guy on the bench because I expect and/or there is a possibility of him doing well, that it isnt prospecting because he is already on a team. I ended with "Do baseball collectors make up rules as they go?" I am waiting for an answer

Ya you can prospect in Football. Its a prob a lot harder since players come and go so often. But You can look at players like Miles Austin, Earnest Graham, Tony Romo, Harrison of the Steelers forgot 1st name lol He wasn't even drafted and got dropped 3 times .

really?...cards are only made of guys in the NFL?...Sage/Press Pass/Aspire/Prestige are all released prior to preseason starting...Training Camp would be like Spring Training right?

what if the guy is on the Practice Squad?...isnt that like the Minor League...then there are the 'upstart leagues' like USFL, XFL, UFL, A2...they produced cards, well maybe not UFL, but the other 3 did, just like minor league teams typically have 'team' sets :think:

pretty sure you can prospect in ANY sport that produces cards of players who are not on an 'official' roster

really?...cards are only made of guys in the NFL?...Sage/Press Pass/Aspire/Prestige are all released prior to preseason starting...Training Camp would be like Spring Training right?

what if the guy is on the Practice Squad?...isnt that like the Minor League...then there are the 'upstart leagues' like USFL, XFL, UFL, A2...they produced cards, well maybe not UFL, but the other 3 did, just like minor league teams typically have 'team' sets :think:

pretty sure you can prospect in ANY sport that produces cards of players who are not on an 'official' roster

No, my argument is that you can prospect anyone, even if they are on a roster. I think its better suited for players who are not starters, but you could technically prospect everyday starters in hopes that they break records.

Back