Racing Press Pass Printing Plates

Zahadum

Bench Warmer
Does Press Pass insert both fronts and backs of the plates in the Racing product?

Seems that all I have ever seen in person and online are fronts only which doesn't mean anything so thought I would ask the question.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Interestingly, I was looking on that auction site and a Ernie Irvan plate just got posted and it sure looks like a back of his Legends card. Can anyone that has card # 19 from 2012 confirm? If it is then I am really confused.

$_57.JPG

I'm not familiar with printing plates myself, and never even both looking at pics of them typically, but the pic above made me curious: Shouldn't everything be in reverse? :confused:

Thanks for the replies. Interestingly, I was looking on that auction site and a Ernie Irvan plate just got posted and it sure looks like a back of his Legends card. Can anyone that has card # 19 from 2012 confirm? If it is then I am really confused.

$_57.JPG

What....the...holy....heck! Something seems fishy cause it should be backwards......idk, I sold my printing plates from baseball a while ago and I forget.....BUT THAT IS SICK.....if it's real!

The back of the cyan, magenta, and yellow plates wouldn't be all that attractive to collect, as most of the back on that card would be black. The other colours would only have images of the car at the top, the Irvan header, and the nascar logo at the bottom, the rest of the plate would be blank mostly, might be some borders burnt on the plates, but really not that desirable, IMO. To be honest, that is the first plate back I've ever seen in any sport, or any product. I'm not a plate guy, but for me unless they packed out all 4 plates in the same package, I really wouldn't want them in my collection.

I hear what you are saying Leafsfan and some of the cyan, magenta, and yellow plates I have seen really don't look good and sometimes it's hard to make out who or what the plate is suppose to be.
So now really trying to figure this out I started to look a little more and found this at Dave and Adams of a 2010 Legends http://www.dacardworld.com/singles/...-printing-plates-cyan-7-back-neil-bonnett-1-1

2-23-2011-B-064.jpg

So makes me wonder if these were pack inserted or some kind of promotion thing or ?. As sure looks like "backs" are out there.

Also, saw this one on that auction site
$_12.JPG

So backs are definitely out there and inserted into packs.

Last edited:
Back