Pissed John Maine didn't make the NL All-Stars

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
9-4 with a 2.74 ERA and not much run support. The guy has been the ace of the Mets staff and a bunch of relievers make it over him. And Cole Hamels is 9-4 with a 3.87 ERA and made it. Smoltz 9-4, 2.98 ERA and Sheets 10-3, 3.19 ERA both made it.

LaRussa didn't want to pick him. Loser. PISSED!

pffffffffffffft....

Chris Young- 8-3 2.14 ERA Batters are hitting a measly .197 against him. Dude deserves to be on the team...

Barry .....!!! Barry ..... !!!

It was Rigged :twisted:

Fonso was ahead by more than 100,000 votes with a few days left and got caught up to as a starter

Frickin MLB just wants the home town guy

Think about it Chicago and New York would vote for Fonso and most outside of San Fran wouldn't vote for Bonds
:doh:

It was Rigged :twisted:

Fonso was ahead by more than 100,000 votes with a few days left and got caught up to as a starter

Frickin MLB just wants the home town guy

Think about it Chicago and New York would vote for Fonso and most outside of San Fran wouldn't vote for Bonds
:doh:

Barry earned his spot by way of the great fans of Major League Baseball. :salut:

But on topic, Maine definitely has a legitimate gripe, he's been very efficient this year.

I don't mind Hamels, Sheets or Smoltz making it over Maine. Sheets and Smoltz are the aces of their teams and the NL needed some LHP (which is how Brian Fuentes made it, I guess... what a joke).

Maine is having a good season, but Sheets and Smoltz have been doing it for a while. Hamels is one of the best young LHP in baseball.

As much as it pains me to say it, Zo is right with Young getting screwed. I couldn't believe it. Brandon Webb, Derek Lowe, Ian Snell, Tom Gorzelanny and Tim Hudson all have strong cases for the ASG, to go along with Maine. They can't get everyone on the team, though.

I'm thinking they should expand the rosters to 35 players to avoid some of the snubs and making sure there are enough pitchers to finish the game.

So what? Maine should be there over him.
If Maine was a lefty, he would be there. The bottom line is, the ASG is mostly a popularity contest and the managers are trying to win the game. The need for a LHP takes priority over another "run of the mill" RHP. No disrespect to Maine, just a fact.

Back