Peterson Named Rookie of the Year

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Minnesota Vikings rookie running back Adrian Peterson has been honored as the 2007 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year by the Associated Press. Peterson becomes only the fifth Vikings player to earn the award. Peterson received 46.5 of the 50 possible votes by a nationwide panel of media members who regularly cover the NFL.

During the 2007 season Peterson shattered all Vikings rookie rushing records and set an NFL record for rushing yards in a game with 296 against San Diego. He was honored in December with a berth in the Pro Bowl, only the second Vikings rookie running back to accomplish the feat, joining Chuck Foreman in 1973. Peterson led the NFC and was second in the NFL in rushing in 2007 with 1,341 yards, a total that ranks as the second-most yards in a season in Vikings history.

Peterson helped the Vikings set a new team record for rushing yards in a season with 2,634 and along with Chester Taylor (844 yards) set a new team record for rushing yards by a tandem with 2,185. A threat as a receiver and a kick returner, Peterson amassed 2,021 combined net yards to rank second in Vikings history behind Herschel Walker’s 2,051 in 1990.

Peterson is only the fifth Vikings player to earn Offensive Rookie of the Year honors, joining Paul Flatley (1963) Foreman (1973), WR Sammy White (1976) and WR Randy Moss (1998).

Whoever voted for someone other than Peterson should be revoked of their voting ability immediately.

This guy was clearly the best offensive rookie in the league and probably should get a fair share of MVP votes, he's 3rd or 4th in my book for MVP right now.

peterson is really good but look out now teams are keying on him and hes getting lower and lower rushing yards a game now.

Peterson will be great. For about 4-5 years like the rest of the Running Backs. He needs to adapt his game to make sure that he will be able to play a full career. However he deserves ROY plus every other pat on the back he gets. The guy is a pure beast and I wouldn't want to be faced with stopping him. Couple him with a good passing game and the Vikings would be contending for the super bowl.

Admin said:
Peterson will be great. For about 4-5 years like the rest of the Running Backs. He needs to adapt his game to make sure that he will be able to play a full career. However he deserves ROY plus every other pat on the back he gets. The guy is a pure beast and I wouldn't want to be faced with stopping him. Couple him with a good passing game and the Vikings would be contending for the super bowl.

Sam Bradford will be in the NFL someday...that would be sweet if they got on the same team!!!

BearsFan51 said:
peterson is really good but look out now teams are keying on him and hes getting lower and lower rushing yards a game now.

If the Vikings had any receivers or a quarterback that had any kind of pocket presence, Peterson would break the single season rushing record.

lebron23vick7 said:
Sam Bradford will be in the NFL someday...that would be sweet if they got on the same team!!!

why? its not like they played together. bradfords a freshman.

the only neat thing would be that they are from OK

stevesokol21 said:
why? its not like they played together. bradfords a freshman.

the only neat thing would be that they are from OK

I know but Adrian played with Jason White and I think when Bradford gets to be a Jr. or Sr. he will be better then White.

Back