Baseball Pete Rose to Cooperstown?

Does Pete Rose Posthumously Get Inducted into Cooperstown?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

kclj520

If He Can Hold The World, He Can Hold This Moment
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Let's get some discussion going about this topic, as Pete himself has said on numerous occasions that he thinks baseball will induct him after his passing. I think if we have inducted people who were racists, womanizers, steroid users, and everyone in between, Pete being a gambler (among other things!) shouldnt overshadow his contributions to baseball for 24 seasons.

Thoughts??

Agreed! I'll bet he gets in now.
@grapler135s

Its kind of a sad comment on the partiality of the Hall, but I have a lot of thoughts on some people who have gotten in, questionable at best!

@darkman

Totally agree, I mean, it was 30+ years ago that he was gambling on the Reds, baseball should have long ago moved past that!

They have no problem displaying his memorabilia there...there were 3 or 4 of his items on display this summer when my son and I visited. Definitely interesting that they would have his helmet, cleats, etc., but not his plaque.

They have no problem displaying his memorabilia there...there were 3 or 4 of his items on display this summer when my son and I visited. Definitely interesting that they would have his helmet, cleats, etc., but not his plaque.
@grapler135s

I noticed that when we visited in 2019, found that to be pretty ironic. Kind of like Schilling 's bloody sock from 2004....it says "closest you are gonna get!"

Pete kept himself out of the Hall. It wasn't in him to be contrite or humble. He would already be in if he had listened to the many people who tried to help him.

I'm sad for his passing. I'm sad he did not get his ceremony, but now MLB can do the right thing because he, his worst enemy, is no longer his obstacle.

RIP Hit King.

Pete kept himself out of the Hall. It wasn't in him to be contrite or humble. He would already be in if he had listened to the many people who tried to help him.

I'm sad for his passing. I'm sad he did not get his ceremony, but now MLB can do the right thing because he, his worst enemy, is no longer his obstacle.

RIP Hit King.

@BarJack34

That is a great observation about Pete being his own worst enemy and main obstacle to the Hall of Fame. I think he sort of thew it in everyone's face, later profiting from the sale of his signature and inscribing "I'm sorry I bet on baseball" and selling copies of his court documents, etc. Your statement about how "now MLB can do the right thing because he, his worst enemy, is no longer his obstacle" is SPOT ON, very well said my friend!

I too am sorry about his sudden passing; my friend in Nashville just told me that he had appeared at a card show there over the weekend, so it must have been quite unexpected.

Cheers!

Kevin

Give it another 10 years when all his contemporaries die off & ownership changes there will be enough Rose fans that are owners to at least put it to a vote.

Give it another 10 years when all his contemporaries die off & ownership changes there will be enough Rose fans that are owners to at least put it to a vote.

@Waltdii

I do think it will take some time, like you said, hopefully sooner rather than later. I found these two custom HOF plaques that various designers had created, cool items to help envision what his actual plaque in Cooperstown might look like!
Rose 1.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Pete Rose knew the rules of baseball. Then, after he was busted, he thumbed his nose at baseball's authority by admitting he bet on baseball. Here's a hard no on him ever getting in the Hall of Fame.

Back