Panthers - Packers can't risk just releasing Favre (Yahoo! Sports)

favre can only play for a team of the packers choosing. what kind of BS is that? if you dont want him back let him go!

This saga is just get annoying. First of all, if you look at the way Green Bay prepared for not having Favre, they went out and spent a pick on Brohm, groomed Rodgers and now all of sudden Favre wants to come back. He has to realize they are not in the position to take 12 million dollar cap hit to bring him back. Yeah he maybe Green Bay's son but there comes a point in time where you have to put where the franchise is going before a player coming back. Going to interesting how it plays out though.

I heard that once he is reinstated into the league he automatically becomes a member of the packers active roster. so what are they going to do bench him for the year. I would watch him play in a phins uni or any other uni for that matter. I guess It just bothers me the way the team is going about it.

espn reported that the packers are saying if favre want to play he'll have to play for the packers and as a backup to rodgers because he is not big enough to ask for a release. what the heck does that mean? lol

gordo29 said:
espn reported that the packers are saying if favre want to play he'll have to play for the packers and as a backup to rodgers because he is not big enough to ask for a release. what the heck does that mean? lol

Yeah LOL, don't understand that at all.

Back