Opinion - How long to wait?

Seahawklady

Bench Warmer
I was wondering, what is the general consensus on how long to wait for an item on eBay before you file a complaint?

I bought a card a week ago, haven't gotten it yet, so I wrote my standard nice "When might I expect delivery" type letter to the seller yesterday. As of this morning, I hadn't gotten a reply, but it got me to thinking, how long would you typically wait before you would file a complaint on something like that?

Thanks

I wait 10 days after payment to email seller, and if I dont like the response or dont get one after 14 days ill file with ebay.

I was wondering, what is the general consensus on how long to wait for an item on eBay before you file a complaint?

I bought a card a week ago, haven't gotten it yet, so I wrote my standard nice "When might I expect delivery" type letter to the seller yesterday. As of this morning, I hadn't gotten a reply, but it got me to thinking, how long would you typically wait before you would file a complaint on something like that?

Thanks

Before you do anything further, did you check the order status on the listing? If there is a DC# there, you may not be getting a response because the seller already has information posted on the listing.

Otherwise, I wait a week, then do the same as you, which is send a request for an update through Ebay. If he doesn't respond after two days, I open up the dispute. Sometimes the seller needs a push in the right direction. Too many people seem to worry about feedback.

Maybe I'm too damn patient (except when driving:lollol:), but I have a three week rule before opening a claim. Of course, the USPS sucks, and if it's a cross-country package, they suck even more. The seller may be out of town/not around and hasn't been able to check his messages since you sent the original.

I can relate to the seller if he has sent and the card hasn't come. There was one BIG sale I had, and the damn USPS made it take 3 weeks for it to get from me to him. I was accused of so much sh*t it wasn't funny (ok, it was, but that's besides the point:lollol:)

a 'hey just checking status' after 10 days, if they dont respond at day 12 they get a paypal and ebay claim, that tends to get them moving in a timely fashion

Back