OMGosh - the post office

horfin

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
So just did a PWE at my post office. I do so much PWE that I buy sheets of the NON-MACHINABLE stamps. When I do a trade I get the envelope ready and put the NON-MACHINABLE stamp on then walk into the Post Office and say "This is all ready I just need you to mark it non-machinable" For about 20 or more years....never a problem.

Today: envelope ready and postage on it....walk into the post office and say "This is ready, I need you to mark it non-machinable" and it proceeds as follows:

"Honey, nothing get's hand sorted"

Me: "I have been doing this for years, its a special stamp for non-machinable mail."

"I've been here a long time and nothing get's hand sorted."

I reach over her desk and tap the top of the RED "NON-MACHINABLE" stamp and I say: "Can you just put this on my envelope"

She hands me a pen and says: "You can write whatever on it, but nothing is hand-sorted."

I say: "Then why is there a special postage stamp that I pay more for that is called a "NONMACHINABLE STAMP" and why do you have a red stamper that is used to stamp envelopes in red with the words "NONMACHINABLE"?"

She proceeds to take my envelope and stamps it "NOCNMACHINALE" and says "Have a good day."

I doubt that envelope is every going to see the light of day again.

Why does easy stuff have to be so hard?

Bill

@horfin
@mcgwirenut
@zlw1
@Calsp3

I have had similar engagements with my local USPS, they drive me CRAZY! Literally, so many easy things that are just made so much more difficult.

SIGH.

Cheers!

Kevin

OK, so this week's episode of "Why Do You Break My Heart, USPS?"

My little son ordered a figure from Feebay last week, Florida to Southern Illinois. Here's the tracking history:
1000011211.jpg

1000011210.jpg
1000011209.jpg
The most frustrating part: IT WAS IN ST. LOUIS! 45 minutes from home, and then USPS inexplicsbly sent it to South Carolina. This is why they lose billions every year, seriously. We pay truckloads of money for terrible service.

Back