Baseball Older Cards Question?

bjtheman1

Bench Warmer
I don't do much baseball, mainly the older players are who I collect. I'm about to go for some older rookies of players from the 80's and earlier. As well as some vintage cards.

My question is should I get all graded? I just know there's quite a few counterfeits out there and I'd rather be safe than sorry. :eek:

bjtheman1 said:
I don't do much baseball, mainly the older players are who I collect. I'm about to go for some older rookies of players from the 80's and earlier. As well as some vintage cards.

My question is should I get all graded? I just know there's quite a few counterfeits out there and I'd rather be safe than sorry. :eek:

I'd get graded. Even if it's just a BGS AUTHENTIC case. It's worth the piece of mind to know the cards are real and not counterfeited.

For the most part the real threat isn't a FAKE but a card that is altered.

Obviously some of the major cards there is still a very real threat of fakes, but cards being trimmed, recolored, resurfaced, etc. is more likely.

Also, one thing to keep in mind - it bothers some people and others it doesn't, but BGS will grade sheet cut cards where as PSA won't (with a few accidental exceptions). (If I were the purchaser) I would prefer a card from 40-50 years ago, to NOT have been cut with a laser cutter a few days prior to me buying it....but that's just me.

Back